About Trove Recommerce
Trove is a mission-driven company that has been called a “sharing economy powerhouse” by Fortune magazine for its innovative approach to recommerce. We are at the forefront of creating the circular economy by partnering with the world's leading brands to make it easy for them to buy back and resell their items.
Traditional commerce models are tailored to handle large quantities of individual SKUs, but our white-label technology and logistics are specially built to receive, evaluate, photograph, post and fulfill one-of-a-kind items for the secondary market. Resale is a revenue and customer engagement opportunity growing at 5 times the rate of e-commerce and 25 times the rate of traditional retail. Not only is it good business, it’s essential for the planet.
We’ve launched resale marketplaces for Patagonia (https://wornwear.patagonia.com), REI (https://rei.com/used), Eileen Fisher (https://www.eileenfisherrenew.com), Arcteryx (https://www.usedgear.arcteryx.com) and Taylor Stitch (https://restitch.taylorstitch.com) with a strong pipeline of brands eager to participate in the circular economy.
About the Compliance Manager Position
As Trove’s Compliance Manager, you will oversee our Compliance Program, and will work with both internal and external customers to provide guidance, communicate our risk and compliance stance, and manage all risk and compliance remediation projects. In this role, you will need to have a general understanding of Information Technology, Information Security, and Project Management.
You will be successful here if you...
- Are curious, communicative, and have conviction, yet flexible
- Are service-oriented and enjoy working with diverse stakeholders
- Have a high sense of accountability, and love big challenges
- Hold yourself and others to high technical standards
- Have a healthy capacity to both accept and provide feedback
- Are humble, diligent, and have a sense of humor
- Partner with our CISO to develop our compliance and security roadmap
- Coordinate and monitor compliance (GDPR, CCPA, PCI DSS Level 1, etc)
- Oversee initiatives, remediations, reports, post-mortems, and risk assessments as they relate to our security and compliance profile
- Translate data security compliance requirements into clear technical specifications and organizational processes
- Manage security incident response for the company, including client notification within the contractual time-frame
- Manage all Client/Vendor Security Questionnaire responses
- Establish and implement a process to screen and vet vendors for compliance and security requirements
- Maintain a knowledge base of common Security Questionnaire items and responses
- Implement tools and processes to track ongoing compliance adherence
- Provide support in the sales process as the SME for compliance and security
- Participate in meetings with existing clients to answer questions regarding compliance and security
- Participate in building training documentation and SOPs geared towards a higher standard for security and compliance
As for necessities, you have...
- Coordinated one or more major compliance standard (PCI DSS, SOC 2, etc)
- Knowledge and understanding of International, National, State, and Local legislation regarding privacy, security, and risk in a retail environment
- Acted as point person during security risk incidents
- Worked in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly collaborative environment
- Strong communication skills and customer-centric attitude
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively using Slack or related communication solutions
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Flexible and able to change gears and focus depending on team and company priorities
Bonus points if you…
- Hold any Security or Compliance Certifications
- Have experience with theft and fraud investigations
- Have experience working in a B2B support environment
- Read books, blogs, and attend conferences to improve your craft
- Have experience working with remote teams
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company and is an affirmative action employer. We believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our potential. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.