About Trove Recommerce
Recognized in 2020 by FastCo as one of the world's most innovative companies, Trove powers resale for the world's most inspired brands and retailers. We provide brands with the technology and logistics to own the secondary market for their products. With our white-label capabilities, our partners reap the rewards of managing their own resale market by accelerating long-term revenue, increasing customer loyalty, gaining new customers and boosting store and site traffic. Resale is a revenue and customer engagement opportunity growing at 5 times the rate of e-commerce and 21 times the rate of traditional retail. We power in store and online retail for leaders such as Patagonia, REI, Eileen Fisher, Arc’teryx, and Levi's.
About the Engineering Manager, Platform Integrations Role
As the Software Engineering Manager for Platform Integrations at Trove you will work cross functionally with business stakeholders to design, develop and support platform features and API integrations powering back office and ecommerce applications for world renowned brands. You and your team will spearhead new development while contributing to feature enhancements for existing capabilities. The work you do significantly impacts the top and bottom lines of Trove and our partners. You’ll thrive in this role if you are open to fast pace development and willing to learn about and work with cutting edge technologies.
You will not only have the opportunity to collaborate with smart team members, but also contribute to the growth of the entire engineering department. We’re looking for individuals with a strong bias for action and passion for continual learning within a fast paced environment.
You will be successful in this role at Trove if you...
- Are passionate about delivering well-built software at startup speeds
- Are curious, communicative, and have conviction, yet flexible
- Have a high sense of accountability, and love big challenges
- Hold yourself and others to high technical standards (design, architecture, and implementation)
- Have a healthy capacity to both accept and provide criticism
- Are humble, diligent, and have a sense of humor
- Are collaborative and inclusive
As for necessities, you have...
- Strong experience developing robust API integrations across a variety of business segments in one or more of the following: inventory management, logistics, eCommerce and, identity and access management
- Strong experience with one or more modern development frameworks
- Strong experience using functional programming techniques
- Strong experience in building large scale web applications
- Experience consistently and successfully leading development projects with external development teams
- Leadership experience as a technical lead and/or people manager
- A strong desire to mentor developers and actively promote best practices
- Experience recruiting and retaining engineering talent
- Experience leading teams through prioritization, planning and execution of work
- Success delivering high quality enhancements while continually improving existing products
- A mindset, and the experience, to cultivate positive relationships with peers
- The ability to influence and motivate people including business stakeholders and team members
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a high emotional quotient
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience developing and/or leading development in an enterprise environment
- Experience developing in a disciplined environment (e.g. 12 factor applications and scrum)
- Experience coding in node.js, using npm modules, and versioning
- Experience in AWS services such as S3, SNS & SQS, Redis ElastiCache
- Experience using an advanced search engine such as Algolia
- Experience working within automation focused culture -- in unit testing, TDD, CI/CD
- Read books and blogs and attend conferences to improve your craft
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company but we don’t want to stop there. We strive to be an anti-racist company and we believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our full potential. At Trove we are building a company where we are not only proud of our mission, but how we are pursuing it. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status and we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.