About Trove Recommerce
Recognized in 2020 by FastCo as one of the world's most innovative companies, Trove powers resale for the world's most inspired brands and retailers. We provide brands with the technology and logistics to own the secondary market for their products. With our white-label capabilities, our partners reap the rewards of managing their own resale market by accelerating long-term revenue, increasing customer loyalty, gaining new customers and boosting store and site traffic. Resale is a revenue and customer engagement opportunity growing at 5 times the rate of e-commerce and 21 times the rate of traditional retail. We power in store and online retail for leaders such as Patagonia, REI, Eileen Fisher, Arc'teryx, and Levi's.
About the Software Architect
You have a passion for building robust software, deploy in cloud and providing solutions for a wide variety of problems focused on inventory management and logistics. You will ensure that technical resilience, extensibility, and sustainability is sewn into the fabric of our product suite. You will be successful in this role if you are highly detail-oriented, collaborative, and able to effectively guide communication toward actionable results. This role enjoys plenty of heads-down time on technical and analytical activities while balancing person-to-person interactions with team members.
This is an individual contributor position based in our Brisbane headquarters with flexibility to work remotely and/or in our San Francisco office.
You will be successful here if you...
- Are passionate about delivering well-built software at startup speeds
- Are curious, communicative, and have conviction, yet flexible
- Have a high sense of accountability, and love big challenges
- Hold yourself and others to high technical standards (design, architecture, and implementation)
- Have a healthy capacity to both accept and provide criticism
- Are humble, diligent, and have a sense of humor
In this role you will ...
- Meet and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders to establish project scope, system goals, and requirements.
- Translate highly technical specifications into clear non-technical requirements and communicate to stakeholders.
- Develop, analyze, prioritize, and organize technical specifications, data mapping, diagrams, and flowcharts for developers and testers to follow.
- Design generalized solutions across problem domains using a common set of architectural assets to support reuse, extensibility and scalability
- Provide technical leadership and architectural oversight on complex projects to assist business units
- Contribute to the evaluation and recommendation of new technologies to increase efficiencies
- Develop and implement maintenance procedures, monitor systems health, gather system statistics, and troubleshoot reported errors and alerts.
- Perform design, implementation, and upgrades of information systems to meet the business and user needs.
- Evaluate the applicability of leading edge technologies and leveraging this information to influence future business strategies.
- Implement best practices for scalability, supportability, ease of maintenance, and system performance.
As for necessities, you have...
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information technology, or equivalent experience
- Significant experience working with information technologies and software architecture
- Hands-on coding experience
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to assess business needs and translate them into relevant software solutions
- Experience with data modeling and database design
- Experience installing, configuring, documenting, testing, training, and implementing new applications and systems
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of programming and/or scripting languages
- Excellent analytical skills
- Experience working in start-up or fast-paced, high-growth environments
- Experience collaborating with design, cross-functional stakeholders and product teams to make the complex simple for users
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and mentor junior members
Bonus points if you have...
- Interest in sustainability
- Experience with logistics and/or e-commerce business models
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company but we don’t want to stop there. We strive to be an anti-racist company and we believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our full potential. At Trove we are building a company where we are not only proud of our mission, but how we are pursuing it. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status and we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.