About Trove Recommerce
Recognized in 2020 by FastCo as one of the world's most innovative companies, Trove powers resale for the world's most inspired brands and retailers. We provide brands with the technology and logistics to own the secondary market for their products. With our white-label capabilities, our partners reap the rewards of managing their own resale market by accelerating long-term revenue, increasing customer loyalty, gaining new customers and boosting store and site traffic. Resale is a revenue and customer engagement opportunity growing at 5 times the rate of e-commerce and 21 times the rate of traditional retail. We power in store and online retail for leaders such as Patagonia, REI, Eileen Fisher, Arc’teryx, and Levi’s.
About the Head of Business Operations & Strategy
The Head of Business Operations & Strategy at Trove is a newly created role. This person will partner with the Executive Leadership team to develop and set goals for the organization, track progress, and improve overall organizational efficiency and impact. You will lead cross-functional programs, and ensure their successful delivery across key areas including business operations cadence, partner onboarding planning, and product development planning. This person will manage a team of program managers embedded in the organization.
The ideal candidate is a senior leader with a head for business, strong leadership, communication skills, and a pragmatic, data-driven, strategic approach to problem-solving. This person will have the proven ability to establish credibility at the executive level and with key stakeholders, and experience gaining consensus and approval across multiple functional leaders.This person will have substantial, demonstrated experience in program management, and the ability to prioritize multiple and competing priorities while driving a plan to execution.
- Define, build and lead the program management team at Trove
- Lead cross-functional teams bringing together executive leaders from engineering, product management, partner management, operations, data & analytics to deliver products on schedule and assure post-launch success
- Partner with the Executive Leadership team to develop and set annual and quarterly OKRs for the organization, track progress, and improve overall organizational efficiency and impact.
- Lead the annual and quarterly planning process for the entire organization including product roadmap planning, partner onboarding and other cross functional initiative
- Facilitate dependencies across integrated work streams, ensuring continuous stakeholder alignment in support of progress towards milestones
- Establish an operating rhythm of the business to ensure the organization is running effectively and efficiently to meet goals and objectives
- Identify business process improvements and partner with cross functional leaders to define and implement enhancements
- Manage a team of program managers embedded into different teams across the organization
As for necessities, you have...
- Experience in a relevant field with demonstrated cross-functional team management, and program management experience.
- Experience leading program management including establishing effective governance structures, cross functional coordination, and executive stakeholder management and reporting.
- Proven people manager
- Structured thinking: ability to easily break down complex ambiguous problems, evaluate challenges & opportunities, develop sound and robust proposals, and guide organizations to execute against them
- Experience in software program management including understanding of agile methodologies, and experience using tools such as Asana and Jira
- Emotional intelligence and the ability to establish strong and trusting relationships with peers across the organization at all levels
- Strong presentation and influencing skills, and the ability to interact with executive level business and technical partners
- Ability to organize and lead teams who do not directly report to you
- High initiative, self-starting capabilities; the demonstrated ability to identify and seize opportunities for impact in messy, uncertain contexts
- Highly analytical, quantitative and detail-focused
- Intellectual curiosity
Bonus points if you have...
- Ecommerce / retail experience
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company and is an affirmative action employer. We believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our potential. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.