About Trove Recommerce
Recognized in 2020 by FastCo as one of the world's most innovative companies, Trove powers resale for the world's most inspired brands and retailers. We provide brands with the technology and logistics to own the secondary market for their products. With our white-label capabilities, our partners reap the rewards of managing their own resale market by accelerating long-term revenue, increasing customer loyalty, gaining new customers and boosting store and site traffic. Resale is a revenue and customer engagement opportunity growing at 5 times the rate of e-commerce and 21 times the rate of traditional retail. We power in store and online retail for leaders such as Patagonia, REI, Eileen Fisher, Arc’teryx, and Levi’s.
About the Role
As Transportation Manager you will play a key role in our “recommerce” system, enabling collection of great trade-in items and delivery of customer orders. You will leverage the capabilities of Trove, our carriers and our partners to deliver a great customer experience at the lowest possible cost. Unlike traditional linear retail, this role is a unique opportunity to engage with customers both as suppliers and purchasers of unique one-of-a-kind items.
- Combine and analyze data from different sources to assess on-time delivery and shipping cost performance
- Identify and implement opportunities to reduce cost and improve customer experience
- Engage with Product and Engineering teams on initiatives requiring integration or software development
- Engage with carriers and shipping service providers to maintain relationships and address opportunities
- Support flow of product from partner stores and distribution centers
- Support escalations from Operations and Customer Experience teams around delivery and carrier performance issues
- Lead and manage RFPs to expand carrier and service-level options for customer orders, trade-ins, and returns
- Support Trove and our brand/retail partners as a knowledge resource for Transportation and Logistics
- 5+ years experience in Logistics, experience in e-commerce a plus
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to identify, define, and resolve ambiguous problems
- Advanced analytical and modeling skills; proficient in Microsoft Excel, familiarity with SQL a plus
- Strong communication and relationship management skills to engage across internal, partner, and carrier stakeholders
- Systems thinker, able to devise partner effectively with Product team to meet business needs and unlock new capabilities
- Passion for problem solving, enjoy supporting both day-to-day needs of the operation and planning for the future
- An ability to manage and adjust to multiple competing priorities
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company but we don’t want to stop there. We strive to be an anti-racist company and we believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our full potential. At Trove we are building a company where we are not only proud of our mission, but how we are pursuing it. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status and we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.