TROVE is a mission-driven company that has been called a “sharing economy powerhouse” by Fortune magazine for its innovative approach to recommerce. We are at the forefront of creating the circular economy by partnering with the world's leading brands to make it easy for them to buy back and resell their items.
Traditional commerce models are tailored to handle large quantities of individual SKUs, but our white-label technology and logistics are specially built to receive, evaluate, photograph, post, and fulfill one-of-a-kind items for the secondary market. Resale is a revenue and customer engagement opportunity growing at five times the rate of e-commerce and 25 times the rate of traditional retail. Not only is it good business—it’s essential for our planet.We have launched the resale marketplaces for Patagonia Worn Wear, REI Used Gear, Eileen Fisher Renew, Levi’s SecondHand, and Arc’teryx Used Gear with a strong group of brands eager to participate in the circular economy.
About the SQA Automation Engineer Position
At TROVE, we take pride in putting out a great product built on solid craftsmanship. Our SQA engineers participate in all stages of development, working closely with the engineering leadership, software engineers, devops, product managers and operations managers. We believe a deep focus on system testing is paramount to delivering well-built software and that automating key features will drive efficiency to the Sprint cycle and ensure our velocity and software quality remain high.
As a member of the SQA team, you will become an expert user of the Trove software platform and technology stack, and apply that knowledge to test new features, identify bugs, conduct regression testing, and author test plans. As an SQA Automation Engineer you will develop, test and augment test automation suites for the TROVE applications. Our goal for you is to automate as much of the testing effort as possible with a minimum set of code.
You will be successful here if you...
- Are passionate about delivering well-built software at startup speeds.
- Are curious, communicative, and have conviction, yet flexible.
- Have a high sense of accountability, and love big challenges.
- Hold yourself and others to high technical standards (design, architecture, and implementation).
- Have a healthy capacity to both accept and provide criticism.
- Are humble, diligent, and have a sense of humor.
As for necessities, you...
- Have practical experience designing, developing, executing, and maintaining test automation frameworks for web solutions.
- Have successfully applied test automation across a range of technologies including web, API (REST or graphQL), mobile, and batch processing.
- Have experience developing test scripts using test automation tools & frameworks (such as Selenium, QTP, WebdriverIO, Cypress).
- Have developed automation using keyword, modular and data-driven test automation frameworks.
- Are adept at writing complex SQL queries.
- Regularly work with software engineers and devops to solve technical issues.
- Have practical experience working in the Agile methodology and using agile platforms (such as Pivotal Tracker or Jira).
- Are a self-starter.
- Have worked in fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative environments
- Are clear in your written and verbal communication.
- Can work independently and collaborate with remote teammates using Slack or related communication solutions.
- Get excited about being organized and detail-oriented.
- Are flexible and able to change gears and focus based on team and company priorities.
- Are passionate about the impact quality has on all phases of the SDLC, operations and our partners.
- Have advanced knowledge of browser development tools for testing web-based applications.
- Are highly skilled in developing test plans and writing detailed test cases.
- Have a wealth of experience designing, developing, executing, and maintaining test automation frameworks for web solutions.
Bonus points if you...
- Experience with Cypress automation frameworks.
- Experience working with modular and BDD test automation frameworks.
- Experience working with Continuous Integration and Continuous Development.
Trove headquarters is located in Brisbane, CA -- two miles south of San Francisco -- and most exempt employees work onsite one day per week and remotely otherwise.
TROVE is proud to be an equal opportunity company and is an affirmative action employer. We believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our potential. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.