Trōv is a fast-moving start-up that has massive global potential. Trōv is reinventing insurance for the mobile generation by making it simple, flexible and transparent. Trōv has designed, built, and launched the world’s first micro-moment insurance platform for single items, giving people the power to insure just what they want, exactly when they want, entirely from their mobile device.
Trōv also automatically organizes important information about the things you’re buying, like receipts & warranties, and backs it up in the cloud so you always have it when you need it. At Trōv, we’re dedicated to making protecting the things you own as simple and flexible as possible, so you can spend your time enjoying them without having to worry about confusing fine print and contracts.
Our people aren't just talented - we're fun and we're a team. Read our About Us (http://trov.com/about) and check out our own thoughts about working here on our Glass Door profile (https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Trov-Reviews-E937319.htm).
Trōv is a technology company, poised to disrupt the insurance landscape worldwide.
Trōv is looking for an Agile minded, results-oriented professional to join our delivery management team. As a member of our delivery management team, you will be guiding the completion of complex software engineering projects to support Trōv’s insurance products. As an excellent project manager and communicator, you will work with delivery teams to ensure that they are consistently delivering high-quality products. You will also drive the cooperation and collaboration with business owner(s), product management, and software engineering to ensure all projects are able to be delivered and released on time.
This is a full-time position in our Danville, CA office.
How you will succeed
The successful candidate will be an organized servant leader who can view a problem from multiple levels of abstraction and perspectives. You’ll be relentless in your pursuit to improve process and culture in order to get work done.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Be the hub of self-organizing, professional, cross-functional teams.
- Facilitate process activities (such as stand-ups, retrospectives, etc.).
- Assist in establishing, enabling, and improving project management and software development methodologies, procedures, and policies.
- Help to clear obstacles impeding the delivery team from completing scheudled work.
- Provide clear visibility of team workload and progress to stakeholders.
- Assist self-organized teams in solving problems and improving their process.
- Coordinate with Release Management and other departments to ensure that features can be released on time.
- Leverage data to measure & monitor progress against commitments.
You will exhibit a variety of skills including:
- Strong organizational and facilitation skills.
- Understanding of constraints and bottlenecks in both software systems and human interactions.
- Ability to learn technical/system details where appropriate and understand the necessary staging of work.
- Comfortable speaking to both technical as well as non-technical stakeholders.
- Able to work on multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
- Collaborate with insurance operations on the development of insurance products.
- Passion for learning and improving.
You will have experience:
- 3 – 5 years leading the project delivery of complex enterprise application systems, distributed applications, web applications, and system integration solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience.
- Proven experience with at least one Agile project management frameworks and an innate understanding of the tradeoffs.
- Strong project management, leadership, and organization skills.
You will stand out from the crowd if you have experience with:
- Applying agile processes across dispersed teams.
- Experience in a variety of software development methodologies with an emphasis on Agile (kanban, scrum, crystal, or others).
- Experience with or understanding of insurance-related products.
- Foundational experience playing a contributing role in full cycle software delivery as a business analyst, developer, or quality expert.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.