Trōv is a fast-moving start-up that has massive global potential. Trōv is reinventing insurance for the mobile generation by making it simple, flexible and transparent. Trōv has designed, built, and launched the world’s first micro-moment insurance platform for single items, giving people the power to insure just what they want, exactly when they want, entirely from their mobile device.
Trōv also automatically organizes important information about the things you’re buying, like receipts & warranties, and backs it up in the cloud so you always have it when you need it. At Trōv, we’re dedicated to making protecting the things you own as simple and flexible as possible, so you can spend your time enjoying them without having to worry about confusing fine print and contracts.
Our team isn't just talented - we're fun and we're a family. Read our About Us (http://trov.com/about) and check out our own thoughts about working here on our Glass Door profile (https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Trov-Reviews-E937319.htm).
Trōv is a technology company, poised to disrupt the insurance landscape worldwide.
Do you like to push the limits of software to see where it breaks? Are you passionate about continually driving quality improvement on a product? We are looking someone with strong testing skills to join our QA team as we gear up for expansion into new countries.
This role is a remote position based either in the US or Canada.
Skills & Requirements
- Extensive experience working in a C# or Java web server environment
- Deep understanding and experience with different types of testing (performance, load, etc.)
- Experience with API development
- Demonstrated ability to own, design, lead, and implement test strategies
- Knowledge of how to prioritize tests based on business and technical risks
- Desire to educate and technically mentor other engineers to help them appreciate the role quality plays in an organization
- Experience with relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Experience with Git
- Track record of high quality code in shipping software
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years relevant work experience
Nice to Have
- Past experience with distributed/remote teams
- Working knowledge of basic agile principles
- Experience with:
- Node.js, AngularJS
- Postman & cURL
- Event Sourcing databases
- Microservices and Service Oriented Architecture
- AWS (EC2, S3)
- Continuous integration, specifically with VSTS
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.