Trōv is a fast-moving start-up that has massive global potential. Trōv is reinventing insurance for the mobile generation by making it simple, flexible and transparent. Trōv has designed, built, and launched the world’s first micro-moment insurance platform for single items, giving people the power to insure just what they want, exactly when they want, entirely from their mobile device.
Trōv also automatically organizes important information about the things you’re buying, like receipts & warranties, and backs it up in the cloud so you always have it when you need it. At Trōv, we’re dedicated to making protecting the things you own as simple and flexible as possible, so you can spend your time enjoying them without having to worry about confusing fine print and contracts.
Our team isn't just talented - we're fun and we're a family. Read our About Us (http://trov.com/about) to find out who is punny, who likes adventure, and who likes napping. Also check out our own thoughts about working here on our Glass Door profile (https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Trov-Reviews-E937319.htm).
Trōv is a technology company, poised to disrupt the insurance landscape worldwide.
Trōv is looking for a new member of our engineering delivery team leadership!
Are you an experienced technology leader, comfortable digging into the technical direction of products while understanding the business needs? Do you thrive in leading and inspiring others to deliver high-quality applications in a distributed team environment?
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for all aspects of the technical delivery of our innovative insurance products. You will work with a cross-disciplinary group of developers to rapidly launch and maintain new insurance based products in a variety of global markets. You will work with your partners in the Product and Insurance Ops teams to translate business requirements into frequently-delivered working software. Over time you will gain a deep knowledge of our existing technology stack to help your team to rapidly deliver new capabilities.
This is a full-time position in either our Danville, CA office.
How you will succeed
As a successful candidate, you will be a delivery focused leader with experience directing distributed technical teams. You will work with our client and server architecture teams to insure that the working software your team is producing aligns with our existing products. You will have broad exposure to technology trends, tools, and techniques and work hard to maintain your knowledge. You will have at least 6-7 years of software development experience and at least 3-5 years of technical leadership experience.
You will exhibit a variety of skills including:
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all parts of the business
- The ability to bring together different perspectives and opinions to come to a common approach
- The ability to work with your team to make the technical decisions that allows your team to deliver more rapidly and sustainably
- The ability to mentor developers in expanding their skill set
- Knowledge of architectural patterns at both the application and system levels
- Knowledge of coding best practices for both client and server developmentRecent or current software development experience
- Understanding of quality attributes and tradeoffs
- Understanding of constraints and bottlenecks in both software systems and people systems
- Learning continuously
You will have experience:
- Directly leading one or more distributed teams across global time zones
- Designing, implementing, and running distributed systems
- Implementing microservice-based architectures
- Collaborating with architectural Communities of Practice and Infrastructure teams to maintain technical consistency across multiple products
- A proven track record of experience with on-time delivery
- Supporting development practices that support continuous integration, continuous delivery, and test automation
- With modern development practices including source control and issue tracking
- Leading teams of developers building regulated market (insurance) software solutions, including release management, testing, and customer support
You will stand out from the crowd if you have experience with:
- Managing the development of a portfolio of similar software products
- Agile SDLC experience
- Software development with C#, ASP.NET
- Client application development (mobile web, iOS, Android)
- Ability to clearly communicate technical issues with non-technical stakeholders
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.