Trōv is a fast-moving start-up that has massive global potential. Trōv is reinventing insurance for the mobile generation by making it simple, flexible and transparent. Trōv has designed, built, and launched the world’s first micro-moment insurance platform for single items, giving people the power to insure just what they want, exactly when they want, entirely from their mobile device.
Trōv also automatically organizes important information about the things you’re buying, like receipts & warranties, and backs it up in the cloud so you always have it when you need it. At Trōv, we’re dedicated to making protecting the things you own as simple and flexible as possible, so you can spend your time enjoying them without having to worry about confusing fine print and contracts.
Our team isn't just talented - we're fun and we're a family. Read our About Us (http://trov.com/about) to find out who is punny, who likes adventure, and who likes napping. Also check out our own thoughts about working here on our Glass Door profile (https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Trov-Reviews-E937319.htm).
Trōv is a technology company, poised to disrupt the insurance landscape worldwide.
Trōv is looking for a new member of our technology leadership team! Are you the experienced software architect we need to work with our technology and product leadership as well as our distributed team of software developers?
Are you an experienced technology leader, comfortable digging into the technical direction of products while understanding the business needs? Do you thrive in leading and inspiring others to deliver high-quality applications in a distributed team environment?
As a member of our team, you will be responsible for helping to set the technology direction of the organization as we continue to grow our team, our customer-base, and our product scope. As an excellent analyst and communicator, you will dive deeply into our problem space, create elegant (not extravagant) solutions that meet technical and business needs, and ensure that our developers understand them.
As a technical leader, you will be responsible for leading a group of technical leads in concert with our product architects to drive the delivery of our various product lines. You’ll bring excellent organization and communication skills with proven leadership capabilities mixed with the technical know-how to understand our problem space and guide the team in creating elegant solutions that meet technical and business needs.
This is a full-time position in our Danville, CA office.
How you will succeed
As a successful candidate, you will be a systems-thinker who can view a problem from multiple levels of abstraction and perspectives. You’ll be able to understand the business and technical domains to lead others in building quality solutions. You will have at least 10 years of experience in software development and leadership of software developers and architects.
You will exhibit a variety of skills including:
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all parts of the business
- The ability to bring together different perspectives and opinions to come to a common approach
- Deep people leadership and management capabilities
- Knowledge of architectural patterns at both the application and system levels
- Knowledge of coding best practices for both client and server development
- Understanding of quality attributes and tradeoffs
- Understanding of constraints and bottlenecks in both software systems and people systems
- Learning continuously
You will have experience:
- Managing and leading multiple distributed teams across global time zones
- Designing, implementing, and running distributed systems
- Implementing microservice-based architectures
- Supporting development practices that support continuous integration, continuous delivery, and test automation
- With modern development practices including source control and issue tracking
- Leading teams of developers building consumer and partner-oriented products, including release management, testing, and customer support
You will stand out from the crowd if you have experience with:
- Multiple globally dispersed teams
- Growing technical leaders
- Technical Product and Portfolio management
- Lean methods and systems thinking
- Organizational change experience
- Software development with C#, ASP.NET
- Client application development (mobile web, iOS, Android)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.