Tropic makes buying and managing SaaS ridiculously easy. The world runs on software, which is why companies of all sizes—from startups to Fortune 500s—use Tropic to buy software, manage contracts, and guarantee savings. Tropic is procurement paradise.
We launched from stealth in 2020, raised $65 million in back-to-back Series A & B funding, are building an incredible team, grew 5X, and are managing over a billion dollars in spend for companies like DocuSign, Intercom, Notion, OpenSea, & Greenhouse. Now is the perfect time to join. The best is yet to come! 🌴🚀
This role is remote, but preference will be given to candidates based in New York, California, Texas, Georgia, Florida, New Jersey, Colorado, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Utah, Washington, Tennessee, North Carolina, or Canada for this position.
About The Role
At Tropic, we are building a different kind of engineering team, one that is optimized for developer happiness and productivity. We’ve done this by challenging the status quo of how teams and applications are built.
From a technology perspective, we’ve embraced the conventions of Rails 7 and put the promise of Hotwire (Turbo/Stimulus) to the test. The results quickly spoke for themselves, and we’ve been able to build a modern, SPA-like experience all while using fundamentally simple full-stack web development principles.
From a team perspective, we’ve chosen our tools and practices to be as lightweight as possible in order to maximize quality collaboration and deep work.
What You’ll Do
- Use Rails 7 + Hotwire + Tailwind + ViewComponents to build features in a clean, near-greenfield application
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Designers to craft elegant solutions
- Help mentor and teach junior team members
What You’ve Done
- 4+ Years of full-stack Ruby on Rails experience
- A desire to learn and embrace Hotwire and the newest Rails features
Nice To Have
- Experience working at a SaaS product company
- Proven ability to thrive in a remote-first environment
Specific to pay transparency laws, the minimum annual salary for this position is $160,000 and may also include commission, incentive pay, incentive stock options, and benefits. The final job level and compensation will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, years of relevant experience, skills, qualifications, certifications, geographic location, and other business considerations.
What We Offer
- Remote first work environment
- Optional offices in NYC, Atlanta, and Denver
- Virtual & in-person meetups
- 401k plan with 4% company matching
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents
- Unlimited flexible vacation and holiday time off
- 100% covered employee medical, dental & vision plans
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Annual WFH stipend
- Online mental health therapy
- Commuter benefits, FSA, HSA
- Award-winning values and culture
Research suggests that 60% of those identifying as under-represented might have talked themselves out of applying due to imposter syndrome or the confidence gap. If this applies to you, feel empowered to apply for this role even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description (our job descriptions are directional and not perfect recipes for exactly what we need).
Tropic is an equal opportunity employer that supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class. Tropic is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.