Innovators like Notion, Better Mortgage, Zapier, Intercom, and Nextdoor have saved millions on our platform. We just raised back-to-back Series A and B funding rounds for a total of $67.1M in (TechCrunch article here), and our revenue growth is something rarely seen.
About The Role
At Tropic, we are building a different kind of engineering team, one that is optimized for developer happiness and productivity. We’ve done this by challenging the status quo of how teams and applications are built.
From a technology perspective, we’ve embraced the conventions of Rails 7 and put the promise of Hotwire (Turbo/Stimulus) to the test. The results quickly spoke for themselves, and we’ve been able to build a modern, SPA-like experience all while using fundamentally simple full-stack web development principles.
From a team perspective, we’ve chosen our tools and practices to be as lightweight as possible in order to maximize quality collaboration and deep work.
What You’ll Work On
- Use Rails 7 + Hotwire + Tailwind + ViewComponents to build features in a clean, near-greenfield application
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Designers to craft elegant solutions
- Help mentor and teach junior team members
Who You Are
- 4+ Years of full-stack Ruby on Rails experience
- A desire to learn and embrace Hotwire and the newest Rails features
Nice to Have
- Experience working at a SaaS product company
- Proven ability to thrive in a remote-first environment
Tropic is on a mission to transform procurement for a world that runs on software. Everyone hates buying B2B SaaS, so we are automating the process. We provide data, tools and services to automate procurement for tech-forward companies, saving them money and time. We are a mission driven team that lives by our 5 core values : fight for fairness, hustle responsibly, execute, pull back the curtain and stay open to new concepts.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision plans
- Online mental health therapy
- Commuter benefits, FSA, HSA
- 401k plan with company matching
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non birthing parents
- Flexible vacation and holiday time off
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Annual WFH stipend
- Remote first work environment
- Office hub in NYC
- Virtual & in person meet ups
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tropic is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Tropic is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.