Tripwire Interactive is looking for talented, dedicated, and passionate individuals to join our team. We're an independent video game developer and publisher, known for first-person shooters like Red Orchestra, the wildly popular Killing Floor series, and more recently, the action RPG Maneater. Tripwire has solidified its place as one of the games industry’s leading independent developers. Our independence means the ability to work on our own timetables to craft games with a singular voice that reflects our own unique vision. We’re located in Roswell, GA, a historic suburb of Atlanta, where living is affordable and proximity to the city provides for plenty of opportunities. We believe in a collaborative work environment where team members are encouraged to take risks and push the boundaries of our medium. If that sounds like something you could get into, we'd love to hear from you!
Without a doubt, our office is an awesome place to work, but at Tripwire we recognize that the true “office” exists both inside and outside of our state-of-the-art facility. With our brand new “Next-Gen” Remote Work policy, we are able to remain fully productive regardless of what the world throws at us by allowing all employees to choose whether they’d like to work in-office, at home, or a bit of both. This program has been designed to give all Tripwire employees the tools to help them deliver their best work. For more information on Tripwire’s Next-Gen Remote Work Policy click here.
- Collaborate on the business development strategy, plan, budget and execution to support Tripwire’s multi-platform game development and publishing business.
- Take ownership for multiple business development initiatives leading to a successful execution and results.
- Review, prioritize and follow up on inbound and outbound business development inquiries.
- Research, model, evaluate and make recommendations for strategic opportunities in the gaming and publishing space.
- Research and develop opportunities to maximize revenue growth for Tripwire’s game catalog roadmap for the year.
- Schedule and participate in, virtual and in person developer meetings, review and evaluate pitch materials and demos for new game ideas and business opportunities to grow Tripwire’s publishing business.
- Track all business development initiatives and stages of progress as they move through the process.
- Influence and grow relationships with internal teams providing clear communication and transparency on business development initiatives to deliver on project expectations.
- Work closely with internal product owners and producers to support key titles on business and operational issues throughout development and post-launch.
- Work cross-functionally with content, marketing, legal, finance, and engineering teams to negotiate deal terms, drive special projects, advocate internally for partners, and educate on industry norms.
- Participate in external partner relationship management and cultivate creative ways to expand the partnership.
- Negotiate mutually beneficial deals with external developers and business partners where both sides succeed
- Synchronize with marketing, product owners, finance, production and studio leadership teams to ensure all activity is coordinated from a sales cycle and brand perspective
- Negotiate contractual agreements and manage drafting of legal terms and the contracting process
- Identify, maintain and grow relationships with key industry contacts in the gaming space
- All other duties assigned
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- 5+ years of business development experience
- 3+ years of video game industry experience
- Proven record of success developing and pursuing video game development and publishing deals
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to work within a team structure
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- PowerPoint deck creation and presentation skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Strong interest or knowledge of the games industry
- Experience working in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving business organization
- Ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without sacrificing quality
Preference to applicants with:
- 7+ years of games industry business development experience
- A strong existing contact network of game developers, publishers, and industry partners
- BA is a plus, MBA is a big plus
- Digital distribution experience
- Multi-platform PC/Console/MobileGame/Subscription publishing experience
- Sales experience
- Profit Share
- Medical, Dental, & Vision 100% of premiums for the family covered by Tripwire
- Up to 30 days of PTO
- 16 paid Holidays
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- 401k Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Flexible Hours
- Employee & Family Team Building Events
- Volunteer Days