Tripwire Presents is looking for talented, dedicated, and passionate individuals to join the Tripwire family! Tripwire Interactive is an independent video game development and publishing company, famous for shooter titles like Red Orchestra and the wildly popular Killing Floor series. With the release of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare 2, Tripwire has solidified its spot as one of the brightest rising stars in the games industry.
As a member of Tripwire Presents, the publishing arm of Tripwire Interactive, you will focus on production of externally developed games. While helping our partner teams grow and flourish, you will maintain the same level of quality that Tripwire Interactive titles are known for.
At Tripwire, we pride ourselves in our ability to move to the beat of our own drum. Our existence as an independent studio and publisher means we are able to develop games on a schedule that reassesses what has become the status quo in the industry as a whole. We’re located in Roswell, GA just north of Atlanta; where cost of living is relatively low and opportunities are high. So if you’re looking to work in an environment that changes the game in more ways than one, look no further than Tripwire Interactive.
Without a doubt, our office is an awesome place to work, but at Tripwire we recognize that the true “office” exists both inside and outside of our state-of-the-art facility. With our brand new “Next-Gen” Remote Work policy, we are able to remain fully productive regardless of what the world throws at us by allowing all employees to choose whether they’d like to work in-office, at home, or a bit of both. This program has been designed to give all Tripwire employees the tools to help them deliver their best work. For more information on Tripwire’s Next-Gen Remote Work Policy click here.
- Reporting to and working in tandem with a Tripwire Presents’ Game Director to produce the highest quality games.
- Provide design feedback, mentoring, and input to our external development partners to ensure the design aspects of the game meet Tripwire’s quality standards.
- Research and provide UX and usability feedback to the developer to ensure that published games have excellent usability and great onboarding.
- Provide design reviews and design assistance to publishing partners to augment, but not replace, their design capability.
- Provide timely feedback on game status regarding overall design, fun, quality, appeal, and risks to the Game Director, publishing team, business development, and marketing,
- Drawing on your experience, provide actionable suggestions for addressing any issues.
- In collaboration with publishing leadership, business development, and marketing, assist in evaluation and acquisition of potential new published titles, and evaluation of potential partners. This includes conducting playtests, collecting and collating feedback, and providing product analysis with reports on quality and the competitive market for the title.
- Identify areas for improvement within publishing and work with the publishing leadership and the rest of the publishing team to action on these improvements.
- In collaboration with the publishing team, assist in growing and maintaining the relationship with current and potential publishing partners to ensure they want to work with Tripwire time and time again.
- Work is completed on time and correctly.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Game design or game direction experience in AA or AAA console and PC games.
- Strong communication, writing, and inter-personal skills, leading to a demonstrated ability to work within a team structure and provide constructive feedback in a positive manner.
- Attention to detail and the ability (and desire) to handle potentially stressful development environments.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Game Designer.
- Demonstrated knowledge of game design principles, practices, techniques, and tools.
- Knowledge of gaming development process.
- Minimum 2 shipped products with design credit.
Preference to applicants with:
- Multi-discipline game design experience
- Experience working in Unreal Engine
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working with external teams
- Profit Share
- Medical, Dental, & Vision 100% of premiums for the family covered by Tripwire
- Up to 30 days of PTO
- 16 paid Holidays
- Short Term Disability & Long Term Disability
- 401k Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Flexible Hours
- Employee & Family Team Building Events
- Volunteer Days