TripleLift is seeking an experienced data engineer to join our team full time. We are a fast growing startup in the advertising technology sector, trying to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing the industry. As a data engineer, you will be primarily be responsible for building and improving our data infrastructure. This involves working in Spark on our data pipeline that’s consuming tens of billions of events a day and building data stores that are able to surface this to internal and external users. As an engineering team, we are highly collaborative and focused on code quality and extensibility.
TripleLift makes native advertising simple, scalable, and effective. Leveraging pioneering computer vision technology, TripleLift seamlessly transforms visual content like images and video into native ads that match the unique look and feel of a publisher's website. TripleLift's native inventory is accessible through the industry's first real-time, native programmatic exchange, helping marketers reach millions of consumers across any device, at scale. Since 2012, TripleLift has delivered meaningful results for some of the world's biggest brands through what it calls the next evolution of display advertising.
We employ a wide variety of technologies here at TripleLift to accomplish our goals. From our early days, we’ve always believed in using the right tools for the right job, and continue to explore new technology options as we grow. The data infrastructure team primarily uses the following technologies at TripleLift:
- Scala, Spark, Storm, PHP
- Open source: Netty, ZooKeeper, Kafka, Secor
- MySQL, Redshift, MongoDB, VoltDB, Druid
- Amazon Web Services to keep everything humming
- Architect data applications from the ground up, with a focus on extensibility and scalability;
- Optimize the performance of our data pipeline to ensure it’s collecting accurate data and aggregating it as quickly as possible;
- Build in support for new metrics, events, and analyses that get introduced.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Strong technical programming skills utilizing a variety of different coding languages and tools
- Comfortable taking ownership of projects and showcasing key accomplishments
- Strives for continued learning opportunities to build upon craft
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive critique positively
- Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic
- Proven academic and/or professional achievement
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science,or a related discipline is preferred, although candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered.
At least 3 years of working in a professional, collaborative environment.
New York, NY
Benefits and Company Perks
- Competitive salary + performance based bonuses
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Equity options
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Free yoga lessons, massages, and meals
- Ongoing professional development
- Amazing company culture
- #37 Crain’s Best Places to Work (Crain’s-2016)
- Forbes Most Promising Companies in America (Forbes-2015)
- Crain’s Best Places to Work (Crain’s-2015)
- AdTech Startup of the Year Winner (NYTimes-2015)
- Startup of the Year Finalist (AdWeek-2015)
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA non-exempt role.