The TripleLift Finance team is seeking an ambitious and intellectually curious Jr. Staff Accountant/Collections Specialist to join our growing team. In this role, you will develop technical GAAP accounting skills while helping the Finance team achieve its monthly, quarterly and annual objectives. We are a quirky, hard-working team that appreciates intelligence and drive. This role reports into the Finance Manager in our NYC headquarters.
TripleLift makes native advertising simple, scalable, and effective. Leveraging pioneering computer vision technology, TripleLift seamlessly transforms visual content like images and video into native ads that match the unique look and feel of a publisher's site or app. TripleLift's native inventory is accessible through the industry's first real-time, native programmatic exchange, helping marketers reach millions of consumers across any device, at scale. Since 2012, TripleLift has delivered meaningful results for some of the world's biggest brands through what it calls the next evolution of display advertising.
- Accurately code ~175 monthly Accounts Payable invoices in bill.com, investigate and resolve vendor disputes;
- Execute daily and monthly functions to ensure an accurate and timely close of the books for internal review as well as the Company’s monthly and quarterly reporting requirements;
- Manage the collections process including sending out weekly follow up emails and resolving A/R disputes;
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and review expense reports/corporate credit card transactions in Tallie (software system) to ensure completeness, appropriate classification as well as posting to the general ledger;
- Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of ~200 monthly A/R client invoices and post payments on a daily basis;
- Manage the month end close schedules and prepare adjusting journal entries for accruals, prepaids, fixed assets, etc.
- Assist in the accumulation of support for the Company’s annual audit;
- Provides and performs accounting/financial analysis of standard and ad-hoc reports.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Knowledge of fundamental GAAP rules;
- Must have strong Excel skills;
- Experience with Intacct, Tallie, and/or Bill.com a huge plus;
- Ability to work individually and collaboratively to drive business forward;
- Comfortable taking ownership of projects and showcasing key accomplishments;
- Strives for continued learning opportunities to build upon craft;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal oversight;
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced start-up environment;
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive critique positively;
- Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic;
- Proven academic and/or professional achievement.
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related discipline is preferred, though candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered.
1-3 years of full-time solid, progressive accounting experience.
New York, NY
Benefits and Company Perks
- Competitive salary + performance based bonuses
- 100% paid Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Equity options
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Free yoga lessons, massages, and meals
- Ongoing professional development
- Amazing company culture
#37 Crain's Best Places to Work (Crain's-2016)
Forbes Most Promising Companies in America (Forbes-2015)
Crain’s Best Places to Work (Crain’s-2015)
AdTech Startup of the Year Winner (NYTimes-2015)
Startup of the Year Finalist (AdWeek-2015)
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA exempt role.