The primary goal of R&D at TripleLift is to explore new market opportunities outside of our core business that advance our mission and position us for future growth and success. As an R&D Product Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the technical development for these opportunities. Examples of work that has been done include building out a web applications from scratch to explore a new market opportunities and prototyping monetization solutions for emerging content consumption of platforms such as chatbots, connected TV, VR, etc.
The ideal candidates will be accomplished engineers with a strong sense of product, willingness to operate outside their role, and enthusiasm for working with and exploring new technologies.
TripleLift makes native advertising simple, scalable, and effective. Leveraging pioneering computer vision technology, TripleLift seamlessly transforms visual content like images and video into native ads that match the unique look and feel of a publisher's site or app. TripleLift's native inventory is accessible through the industry's first real-time, native programmatic exchange, helping marketers reach millions of consumers across any device, at scale. Since 2012, TripleLift has delivered meaningful results for some of the world's biggest brands through what it calls the next evolution of display advertising.
- Develop prototypes and MVPs based on emerging market opportunities and technologies
- Write up technical specs and plans for implementing more comprehensive solutions of developed prototypes
- Work with other engineering teams to integrate R&D products into the core stack
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders as products go to market
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Eagerness and dedication to learning new technologies and products, understanding industry trends, and developing an opinion on the impact on our customer base and competitive positioning;
- Experience with or interest in ML/AI, NLP, Computer Vision, Search, VR, and other technologies;
- Outstanding communication skills, particularly in conveying technical concepts in a way that is easy for clients and non-technical partners to understand;
- Comfortable taking ownership of projects while showcasing key accomplishments;
- Strives for continued learning opportunities to build upon your craft;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal oversight;
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive critique positively
- Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic.
A Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject is preferred, although candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered.
Minimum 4 years experience as an engineer, working on a variety of projects and different technologies
New York, NY
Benefits and Company Perks
- Company Paid Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Equity options
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Free yoga lessons, massages and meals
- Ongoing professional development
- Amazing company culture
#37 Crain’s Best Places to Work (Crain’s-2016)
Forbes Most Promising Companies in America (Forbes-2015)
Crain’s Best Places to Work (Crain’s-2015)
AdTech Startup of the Year Winner (NYTimes-2015)
Startup of the Year Finalist (AdWeek-2015)