Solutions Engineers at TripleLift are entrepreneurially minded engineers who leverage their strong technical experience along with business acumen to help internal and external stakeholders achieve their goals. The Business Intelligence team specifically focuses on leveraging TripleLift log-level data to fulfill client reporting requests, monitor platform health, and discover money-making opportunities for TripleLift and our clients.
The BI Engineer has a passion for solving logistical issues. They need to understand how data is captured by our system, how various colleagues need to use the data, and strive to minimize the difficulty of answering questions with data. Additionally, the BI Engineers are responsible for ensuring data correctness, optimizing query performance, and maximizing reporting tools’ effectiveness.
TripleLift is building ads that people enjoy.
Advertising is an essential part of the internet. Yet most ads are either never noticed, or are interruptive. We aim to make advertising that’s helpful and effective.
We believe that by recreating the advertising experience to be seamless and focused on content, we can usher in a new era of content monetization. All day we are bombarded by ads online, many of which were created over 20 years ago. TripleLift is building the ad experience of the future.
TripleLift is focused on delivering consumer-focused, digital advertising technology that seamlessly integrate native advertising into every channel of content consumption, including web, app, branded content, and connected TV. By utilizing our proprietary computer vision technology, TripleLift is able to dynamically assemble native ads that match publisher content that are accessible through the industry’s first real-time, native programmatic exchange.
TripleLift is one of the fastest growing companies in America, and has achieved a diversity of product lines, a leadership position in its industry and is regularly recognized as an innovator in its space - all while being consistently profitable.
- Maintain a set of TL internal and external reporting applications;
- Optimize data tools to be able to monitor the platform;
- Pair with data and core engineering teams to ensure data platform stability and correctness;
- Perform basic data related project management duties
- Perform basic data related product management duties (as the “data PM”)
- Educate various internal groups on the TL data structure and reporting tools;
- Address data discrepancies and clear up confusion about the data set;
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Technical experience, especially with BI technologies. This includes datastores & querying frameworks (MySQL, Redshift, PostgreSQL), BI Tools (Looker, PowerBI, Tableau), and production technical stacks;
- Outstanding communication skills, particularly in conveying technical concepts in a manner that is easy for clients and non-technical partners to understand;
- Excellent quantitative skills and comfort with data exploration tools such as Excel, numpy, R, Spark/Scala, etc;
- Demonstrated experience in owning projects end to end that involves coordinating many resources and teams;
- Ability to code in any standard back-end language, such as Java, Python, Ruby, Go, or Scala;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving abilities with a tenacious commitment to finding the root cause of issues;
- Ability to work under intense pressure and multitask in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Studies in computer science, engineering, mathematics, economics or technical field.
- Studies in advertising, communications, marketing, or other discipline with demonstrated technical exposure
Minimum of 1-4 years of work experience in customer support, technical solutions, engineering, or other technical position. Graduate degree with publication can substitute for work experience.
Benefits and Company Perks
- Amazing company culture
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Ongoing professional development
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Equity options
- 401(k) program
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Yoga, massages, and meals
- Crain's Best Places to Work - three years running! (Crain's - 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Companies (Forbes - 2018)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America (Inc. - 2017, 2018)
- Crain's Fast 50, Fastest Growing Companies in New York (Crain's - 2017, 2018)
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (Deloitte - 2017, 2018)
- Forbes Most Promising Companies in America (Forbes - 2015)
- AdTech Startup of the Year Winner (New York Times - 2015)
- Startup of the Year Finalist (AdWeek - 2015)
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA exempt role.