TripleLift is seeking an experienced engineering manager to lead our backend engineering team. We are a fast growing startup in the advertising technology sector, trying to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing the industry. As an engineering manager, you will be leading the team that’s building key components of our application - ranging from our Real Time Bidding exchange, to our data pipeline that’s collecting and process these events, to our computer vision and image serving. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the quality and productivity of our engineering team remains high and shape its future as we continue growing.
TripleLift is building ads that people enjoy.
Advertising is an essential part of the internet. Yet most ads are either never noticed, or are interruptive. We aim to make advertising that’s helpful and effective.
We believe that by recreating the advertising experience to be seamless and focused on content, we can usher in a new era of content monetization. All day we are bombarded by ads online, many of which were created over 20 years ago. TripleLift is building the ad experience of the future.
TripleLift is focused on delivering consumer-focused, digital advertising technology that seamlessly integrate native advertising into every channel of content consumption, including web, app, branded content, and connected TV. By utilizing our proprietary computer vision technology, TripleLift is able to dynamically assemble native ads that match publisher content that are accessible through the industry’s first real-time, native programmatic exchange.
TripleLift is one of the fastest growing companies in America, and has achieved a diversity of product lines, a leadership position in its industry and is regularly recognized as an innovator in its space - all while being consistently profitable.
We employ a wide variety of technologies here at TripleLift to accomplish our goals. From our early days, we’ve always believed in using the right tools for the right job, and continue to explore new technology options as we grow. The web development team primarily uses the following technologies at TripleLift:
- Java 8
- Open source: Netty, ZooKeeper, Kafka, Storm, Spark, Airflow
- MySQL for the primary DB supporting our API
- MongoDB for secondary data stores and caching
- Redshift and S3 for big data storage
- Amazon Web Services to keep everything humming
- Architect web applications from the ground up, with a focus on extensibility and scalability, and scaling our systems to handle 10x the current volume
- Lead the prioritization process for the backend engineering team
- Manage a team that’s responsible for our real time bidding exchange, bidder, data pipeline, and computer vision offering
- Be able to dive in and help the team diagnose and resolve hairy technical issues
- Work closely with our product and solutions teams to deliver new products and ensure the success of our customers’ campaigns
Desired Skills and Attributes
- History of leading engineering teams to deliver successful products
- Experience working on distributed and high load systems
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong technical programming skills utilizing a variety of different coding languages and tools
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Strong and demonstrable work ethic
- Proven academic and/or professional achievement
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or a related discipline is preferred, although candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered.
- 2+ year managing a software engineering team.
- 6+ years acting as an individual contributor writing high scale systems
New York, NY
Benefits and Company Perks
- Amazing company culture
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Equity options
- 401(k) program
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Yoga, massages, and meals
- Ongoing professional development
- Crain's Best Places to Work - three years running! (Crain's - 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Companies (Forbes - 2018)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America (Inc. - 2017, 2018)
- Crain's Fast 50, Fastest Growing Companies in New York (Crain's - 2017, 2018)
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (Deloitte - 2017, 2018)
- Forbes Most Promising Companies in America (Forbes - 2015)
- AdTech Startup of the Year Winner (New York Times - 2015)
- Startup of the Year Finalist (AdWeek - 2015)
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA non-exempt role.