TripleLift is seeking an experienced data scientist to join our team full time. We are a fast growing startup in the advertising technology sector, trying to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing the industry. As a data scientist, you will responsible for exploring our data and turning into actionable insights that help push the business forward for TripleLift and our customers. This includes optimizing our bidding algorithm, improving our computer vision logic, as well as extending our data pipeline to support more advanced analytics.
TripleLift makes native advertising simple, scalable, and effective. Leveraging pioneering computer vision technology, TripleLift seamlessly transforms visual content like images and video into native ads that match the unique look and feel of a publisher's site or app. TripleLift's native inventory is accessible through the industry's first real-time, native programmatic exchange, helping marketers reach millions of consumers across any device, at scale. Since 2012, TripleLift has delivered meaningful results for some of the world's biggest brands through what it calls the next evolution of display advertising.
We employ a wide variety of technologies here at TripleLift to accomplish our goals. From our early days, we’ve always believed in using the right tools for the right job, and continue to explore new technology options as we grow. The engineering team uses the following technologies at TripleLift:
- Languages: Java 7 (slowly working on getting to 8!), R, Python
- Frameworks: Netty, ZooKeeper, Kafka, Storm, Spark
- Databases: MySQL, Redshift, MongoDB
- Amazon Web Services to keep everything humming
- Optimize our bidding algorithm and ensure we maximize performance on behalf of our customers;
- Improve our computer vision logic so we can serve beautiful, resizable ads in real time;
- Extend out our data pipeline to ingest new data as well as write various jobs and analysis to leverage newly collected data;
- Be eager to explore the dark corners of our data in order to push our business forward.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Strong technical programming skills utilizing a variety of different coding languages and tools;
- Proven experience building out predictive and forecasting models;
- Comfortable taking ownership of projects and showcasing key accomplishments;
- Strives for continued learning opportunities to build upon craft;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal oversight;
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced start-up environment;
- Desire to accept feedback and constructive criticism;
- Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic;
- Proven academic and/or professional achievement.
A Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject is preferred, although candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered.
At least three years of working experience in a professional, collaborative environment.
New York, NY
Benefits and Company Perks
- Competitive salary + performance based bonuses
- 100% paid Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Equity options
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Free yoga lessons, personal training, massages, and meals
- Ongoing professional development
- Amazing company culture
- #37 Crain's Best Places to Work (Crain's-2016)
- Forbes Most Promising Companies in America (Forbes-2015)
- Crain’s Best Places to Work (Crain’s-2015)
- AdTech Startup of the Year Winner (NYTimes-2015)
- Startup of the Year Finalist (AdWeek-2015)
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA non-exempt role.