TripleLift is seeking an experienced senior data engineer to join our team full time. We are a fast growing startup in the advertising technology sector, trying to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing the industry. As a senior data engineer, you will be responsible for leading our data team which is tasked with building and improving our data pipeline and reporting infrastructure. This team supports a variety of applications – a Lambda architecture pipeline in Spark, a dependency and scheduling system using Airflow, and the corresponding set of data driven APIs and front end components.
TripleLift is building ads that people enjoy.
Advertising is an essential part of the internet. Yet most ads are either never noticed, or are interruptive. We aim to make advertising that’s helpful and effective.
We believe that by recreating the advertising experience to be seamless and focused on content, we can usher in a new era of content monetization. All day we are bombarded by ads online, many of which were created over 20 years ago. TripleLift is building the ad experience of the future.
TripleLift is focused on delivering consumer-focused, digital advertising technology that seamlessly integrate native advertising into every channel of content consumption, including web, app, branded content, and connected TV. By utilizing our proprietary computer vision technology, TripleLift is able to dynamically assemble native ads that match publisher content that are accessible through the industry’s first real-time, native programmatic exchange.
TripleLift is one of the fastest growing companies in America, and has achieved a diversity of product lines, a leadership position in its industry and is regularly recognized as an innovator in its space - all while being consistently profitable.
- Own a mission critical codebase that’s at the heart of TripleLift’s value proposition;
- Contribute and monitor our data pipeline that handles billions of daily ad requests and more than a hundred unique daily events;
- Research and implement cutting edge technologies that improve the performance of our data pipeline;
- Design our systems that are able to handle an order of magnitude growth in data;
- Mentor and coach others on the engineer team around data engineering best practices.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Experience working on big data engineering pipelines that required a distributed systems approach;
- Strong knowledge of SQL for both transactional and analytical use cases;
- Experience with Spark and Scala;
- Comfortable working with queues or other messaging systems such as RabbitMQ or Kafka;
- Familiarity with a job scheduling and dependency system, such as Airflow;
- Knowledge of Druid is a big plus;
- Comfortable taking ownership of projects and showcasing key accomplishments;
- Strives for continued learning opportunities to build upon craft;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal oversight;
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive critique positively;
- Solid understanding of different design patterns and their associated tradeoffs;
- Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic.
- Apache Spark & Scala for our Lambda architecture
- Airflow for our job scheduling and dependencies
- PHP7 & Symfony to power our reporting API’s
- Apache ZooKeeper & Apache Kafka to power our message bus
- Redshift & Druid as our main data stores
- Amazon Web Services, Docker, & Kubernetes to power our services
Minimum 5 years of relevant development experience.
New York, NY
Benefits and Company Perks
- Amazing company culture
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Ongoing professional development
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Equity options
- 401(k) program
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Yoga, massages, and meals
- Crain's Best Places to Work - three years running! (Crain's - 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Companies (Forbes - 2018)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America (Inc. - 2017, 2018)
- Crain's Fast 50, Fastest Growing Companies in New York (Crain's - 2017, 2018)
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (Deloitte - 2017, 2018)
- Forbes Most Promising Companies in America (Forbes - 2015)
- AdTech Startup of the Year Winner (New York Times - 2015)
- Startup of the Year Finalist (AdWeek - 2015)
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA exempt role.