TripleLift is seeking a junior to mid level Application Reliability Engineer to contribute to our technical escalations operations. This candidate will focus on ensuring that external clients are incredibly satisfied with TL platform and internal stakeholders are properly leveraged to execute. This candidate will sit at the middle of the TL organization serving as the common connection among all groups at TL.
The TL Application Reliability Engineer exhibits a deep product expertise across the platform, highly responsive and professional communication, creative problem solving, and effective coordination of internal resources. This role is perfect for someone who desires to learn and navigate the full platform and utilize various skillsets to resolve issues and identify ripe opportunities for improvement. The candidate should be intrinsically motivated in seeing the escalations queue reach 0.
This Application Reliability Engineer has a passion for understanding technology, increasing client happiness, resolving complex technical problems, and empowering other teams. This individual must be able to creatively troubleshoot as well as effectively communicate to the internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate is a team player who has a positive attitude who can easily switch from coding a new tool to resolving discrepancies with a strategic partner.
TripleLift is building ads that people enjoy.
Advertising is an essential part of the internet. Yet most ads are either never noticed, or are interruptive. We aim to make advertising that’s helpful and effective.
We believe that by recreating the advertising experience to be seamless and focused on content, we can usher in a new era of content monetization. All day we are bombarded by ads online, many of which were created over 20 years ago. TripleLift is building the ad experience of the future.
TripleLift is focused on delivering consumer-focused, digital advertising technology that seamlessly integrate native advertising into every channel of content consumption, including web, app, branded content, and connected TV. By utilizing our proprietary computer vision technology, TripleLift is able to dynamically assemble native ads that match publisher content that are accessible through the industry’s first real-time, native programmatic exchange.
TripleLift is one of the fastest growing companies in America, and has achieved a diversity of product lines, a leadership position in its industry and is regularly recognized as an innovator in its space - all while being consistently profitable.
- Provide platform-wide assistance to internal stakeholders;
- Resolve escalations 80-90% of the time (investigation -> actioning / escalating further to core);
- Work on platform enhancements / internal tooling 10-20% of the time (notice the same type of escalation coming in, suggest a tool);
- Understand the technical and commercial “flows” to motivate platform improvements and debugging;
- Manage customer escalations, which includes verifying cases, analyzing data, isolating and diagnosing the problem, and resolving the issue where possible;
- Coordinate with Product and Engineering teams in identifying, reporting and resolving product issues;
- Create and maintain internal tools that empowers stakeholders to execute faster and answer their own questions
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving abilities with a tenacious commitment to finding the root cause of issues;
- Outstanding communication skills, particularly in conveying technical concepts in a manner that is easy for clients and non-technical partners to understand;
- Excellent quantitative skills and comfort with data exploration tools such as Excel, numpy, R, etc;
- Comfortable taking ownership of projects and showcasing key accomplishments -- collaboratively or autonomously;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work under intense pressure and multitask in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Studies in computer science, engineering, mathematics, economics or technical field.
- Studies in advertising, communications, marketing, or other discipline with demonstrated technical exposure.
Minimum of 1-2 years of work experience in customer application escalations, technical solutions, engineering, or other technical position.
New York, NY
Benefits and Company Perks
- Competitive salary + performance based bonuses
- 100% paid Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Equity options
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Free yoga lessons, massages, and meals
- Ongoing professional development
- Amazing company culture
- Forbes Most Promising Companies in America (Forbes-2015)
- Crain’s Best Places to Work (Crain’s-2015)
- AdTech Startup of the Year Winner (NYTimes-2015)
- Startup of the Year Finalist (AdWeek-2015)
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA exempt role.