TripleLift is seeking an experienced Lead DevOps engineer to join our team full time. We are a fast growing startup in the advertising technology sector, trying to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing the industry. As a Lead DevOps engineer, you will responsible for providing leverage to the engineering team to do the best possible work. This includes managing the infrastructure, working with them to improve their deployment and release process, as well as constantly searching for ways to improve our infrastructure.
TripleLift is building ads that people enjoy.
Advertising is an essential part of the internet. Yet most ads are either never noticed, or are interruptive. We aim to make advertising that’s helpful and effective.
We believe that by recreating the advertising experience to be seamless and focused on content, we can usher in a new era of content monetization. All day we are bombarded by ads online, many of which were created over 20 years ago. TripleLift is building the ad experience of the future.
TripleLift is focused on delivering consumer-focused, digital advertising technology that seamlessly integrate native advertising into every channel of content consumption, including web, app, branded content, and connected TV. By utilizing our proprietary computer vision technology, TripleLift is able to dynamically assemble native ads that match publisher content that are accessible through the industry’s first real-time, native programmatic exchange.
TripleLift is one of the fastest growing companies in America, and has achieved a diversity of product lines, a leadership position in its industry and is regularly recognized as an innovator in its space - all while being consistently profitable.
We employ a wide variety of technologies here at TripleLift to accomplish our goals. From our early days, we’ve always believed in using the right tools for the right job, and continue to explore new technology options as we grow. The DevOps team uses the following technologies at TripleLift:
- Tools: Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes
- Databases: MySQL, Redshift, MongoDB
- Amazon Web Services to keep everything humming
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to come up with best practices for writing and scaling good code;
- Improve our infrastructure and deployment processes;
- Build tools that make every engineer more productive;
- Work with each team to optimize their application performance;
- Develop a unified system for logging and error handling;
- Search for industry best practices and use them to drive our team forward.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Significant experience in a DevOps or SRE role;
- Prior work in automation and deploying Docker containers;
- Lazy and loves automating repetitive work;
- Understands best practices of application security;
- Skilled in software provisioning, configuration management, and infrastructure automation tools;
- Comfortable taking ownership of projects and showcasing key accomplishments;
- Strives for continued learning opportunities to build upon craft;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal oversight;
- Ability to work under pressure and multitask in a fast-paced start-up environment;
- Desire to accept feedback and constructive criticism;
- Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic;
- Proven academic and/or professional achievement.
A Bachelor’s degree in a technical subject is preferred, although candidates with relevant experience who hold other degrees will be considered.
At least three years of working experience in a professional, collaborative environment.
New York preferred, but open to remote candidates
Benefits and Company Perks
- Amazing company culture
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Equity options
- 401(k) program
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Yoga, massages, and meals
- Ongoing professional development
- Crain's Best Places to Work - three years running! (Crain's - 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Companies (Forbes - 2018)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America (Inc. - 2017, 2018)
- Crain's Fast 50, Fastest Growing Companies in New York (Crain's - 2017, 2018)
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (Deloitte - 2017, 2018)
- Forbes Most Promising Companies in America (Forbes - 2015)
- AdTech Startup of the Year Winner (New York Times - 2015)
- Startup of the Year Finalist (AdWeek - 2015)
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA exempt role.