TripleLift is seeking an experienced Senior Exchange Engineer to join our team full time. We are a fast growing startup in the advertising technology sector, trying to tackle some of the most challenging problems facing the industry. As an exchange engineer, you will be responsible for improving our exchange that’s handling billions of ad requests a day and quickly growing, optimizing our real time bidding logic, and enhancing our computer vision and image resizing technology that handles millions of unique image combinations a day.
TripleLift is building ads that people enjoy.
Advertising is an essential part of the internet. Yet most ads are either never noticed, or are interruptive. We aim to make advertising that’s helpful and effective.
We believe that by recreating the advertising experience to be seamless and focused on content, we can usher in a new era of content monetization. All day we are bombarded by ads online, many of which were created over 20 years ago. TripleLift is building the ad experience of the future.
TripleLift is focused on delivering consumer-focused, digital advertising technology that seamlessly integrate native advertising into every channel of content consumption, including web, app, branded content, and connected TV. By utilizing our proprietary computer vision technology, TripleLift is able to dynamically assemble native ads that match publisher content that are accessible through the industry’s first real-time, native programmatic exchange.
TripleLift is one of the fastest growing companies in America, and has achieved a diversity of product lines, a leadership position in its industry and is regularly recognized as an innovator in its space - all while being consistently profitable.
- Own a mission critical codebase that’s at the heart of TripleLift’s value proposition;
- Write maintainable and well tested code that will be executed billions of times a day and needs to respond in hundreds of milliseconds;
- Manage and actively monitor the health of our exchange which runs globally across multiple AWS regions and data centers;
- Research and implement cutting edge technologies that improve the performance of our exchange;
- Design systems for scale that can handle an order of magnitude growth in traffic;
- Mentor and coach others on the engineer team around Java and distributed systems best practices.
Desired Skills and Attributes
- Experience in building out high performance APIs and services leveraging Java, experience with Netty and event-driven, non blocking applications is a bonus;
- Experience working on large scale systems and network heavy systems capable of handling billions of HTTP requests a day;
- Familiarity with in-memory key value stores such as Memcache, Redis or Aerospike
- Comfortable working with queues or other messaging systems such as RabbitMQ or Apache Kafka
- Comfortable taking ownership of projects and showcasing key accomplishments;
- Strives for continued learning opportunities to build upon craft;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work quickly and independently with minimal oversight;
- Ability to accept feedback and constructive critique positively;
- Solid understanding of different design patterns and their associated tradeoffs;
- Extremely strong and demonstrable work ethic.
- Java 8 & Netty to power our real time bidding ad exchange & large scale API
- Apache ZooKeeper & Apache Kafka to power our message bus
- Memcached & Aerospike as our high speed datastores
- Amazon Web Services, Terraform, & Ansible to manage our deployment and infrastructure
Minimum 5 years of relevant development experience.
New York, NY
Benefits and Company Perks
- Amazing company culture
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Ongoing professional development
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Equity options
- 401(k) program
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Yoga, massages, and meals
- Crain's Best Places to Work - three years running! (Crain's - 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Companies (Forbes - 2018)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America (Inc. - 2017, 2018)
- Crain's Fast 50, Fastest Growing Companies in New York (Crain's - 2017, 2018)
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (Deloitte - 2017, 2018)
- Forbes Most Promising Companies in America (Forbes - 2015)
- AdTech Startup of the Year Winner (New York Times - 2015)
- Startup of the Year Finalist (AdWeek - 2015)
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA exempt role.