We're looking for a highly entrepreneurial Data Scientist to incubate our Analytics function focused on maximizing platform liquidity by formulating marketplace practices that strengthen the mutuality of interest between buyers and sellers on the company’s exchange.
The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with big data sets, and will have experience in data-driven decision making. You are focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a marketplace-based business. This position is based full time in our New York, NY office and will initially report into our Co-founder & President.
TripleLift is building ads that people enjoy.
Advertising is an essential part of the internet. Yet most ads are either never noticed, or are interruptive. We aim to make advertising that’s helpful and effective.
We believe that by recreating the advertising experience to be seamless and focused on content, we can usher in a new era of content monetization. All day we are bombarded by ads online, many of which were created over 20 years ago. TripleLift is building the ad experience of the future.
TripleLift is focused on delivering consumer-focused, digital advertising technology that seamlessly integrate native advertising into every channel of content consumption, including web, app, branded content, and connected TV. By utilizing our proprietary computer vision technology, TripleLift is able to dynamically assemble native ads that match publisher content that are accessible through the industry’s first real-time, native programmatic exchange.
TripleLift is one of the fastest growing companies in America, and has achieved a diversity of product lines, a leadership position in its industry and is regularly recognized as an innovator in its space - all while being consistently profitable.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how and why our customers buy and sell media on our platform
- Partner with commercial and technical teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Inform, influence, support, and execute key platform decisions and launches
- Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Understanding ecosystems, customer behaviors, and trends
- Defining, evaluating, and monitoring key platform metrics
- Understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Identifying new levers to help move key metrics
- Designing and evaluating experiments
- Building models of customer behaviors for analysis
- Building key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Communicating state of business, experiment results, etc. to platform teams
- Influencing platform teams through presentation of data-based recommendations
- Spreading best practices to platform teams
- 5+ years experience doing quantitative analysis
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field
- Proficiency in SQL and scripting languages (e.g, PHP, Python, Perl, etc)
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses with platform and leadership teams to influence the strategy of the platform
- Understanding of statistics (e.g, hypothesis testing, regressions)
- Experience manipulating data sets through statistical software (e.g, R, SAS) or other methods
- Experience automating analyses and authoring pipelines using analytics frameworks such as Databricks
Benefits and Company Perks
- Amazing company culture
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Ongoing professional development
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Equity options
- 401(k) program
- Snacks on snacks on snacks
- Yoga, massages, and meals
- Crain's Best Places to Work - three years running! (Crain's - 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Forbes Next Billion Dollar Companies (Forbes - 2018)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies in America (Inc. - 2017, 2018)
- Crain's Fast 50, Fastest Growing Companies in New York (Crain's - 2017, 2018)
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500 (Deloitte - 2017, 2018)
- Forbes Most Promising Companies in America (Forbes - 2015)
- AdTech Startup of the Year Winner (New York Times - 2015)
- Startup of the Year Finalist (AdWeek - 2015)
Note: The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) is a federal labor law of general and nationwide application, including Overtime, Minimum Wages, Child Labor Protections, and the Equal Pay Act. This role is a FLSA exempt role.