- Triplebyte raises $35M for its online coding test and credentialing service for hiring engineers
- Triplebyte incubates ColorStack to increase Black and Latinx representation in CS programs
- CNBC (Your Next Job Interview Could be with a Robot)
- Building an Engineering Team - Harj Taggar and Ammon Bartram
About the role
Our assessments are only as good as the content/questions behind them. They have already helped thousands of engineers from non-traditional backgrounds get jobs. But they have the potential to help hundreds of thousands. To achieve this, we need to expand content into many more specializations. We're looking for a 'Quiz Master' at Triplebyte to own this process. Creating high-quality test content is not easy. Questions don't just have to be technically correct. They also have to reflect what matters most in each area and be written in a clear, compelling language. This is an excellent role for someone who likes puzzles, programming, editing and wants to dive deeply into the taxonomy of skills behind engineering. This is a good role for someone who values an irregular, self-determined schedule.
What you'll be doing:
- Hire and manage subject matter experts to write items for our assessments.
- As chief ‘editor of the quiz’, be responsible for the english quality, tone, and and technical correctness of questions.
- Work with the assessments team to develop and test content for new item types.
What you'll need to be successful
- Broad engineering knowledge. This person probably lives trivia and understanding how computers work. They probably have an engineering background and are probably very smart.
- Strong writing/editing of english. They need to be able to edit questions from subject matter experts who are not strong writers. They will set the tone of our assessments.
- Previous remote work experience is a strong nice to have.
Even if your experience doesn’t match all of the above requirements, we invite you to apply anyway. We recognize that talent comes in different forms. Our business is matching engineers with their next great opportunity, regardless of background. We apply the same ethos to our internal hiring. We're looking for a team member with enthusiasm and the ability to do the job, not a perfect resume.
Compensation and Benefits for full time employees
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Open vacation policy
- Employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Daily catered lunches
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company does not discriminate against employees or applicants (in any aspect of employment, including, but not limited to recruiting and hiring, job assignment, compensation, opportunities for advancement, promotion, transfers, evaluation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination), on the basis of any characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.