JOB TITLE: Contact Center Sales Agent
LOCATION: Las Vegas
DEPARTMENT: Contact Center Sales
REPORTS TO: Contact Center Sales Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non Exempt
Contact Center Sales Agent for all TripAdvisor Attractions retail travel distributors/agents from the booking process to basic technical support and troubleshooting and ensuring the highest form & delivery of customer care to the customer, agent & supplier.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Frontline Customer Care for the company both email and phone work.
- Servicing booking requests, placing reservations by phone, inquiries by email and phone, administration and sales
- Communication to Customer Care Manager in relation to all customer care & support issues
- Use initiative to ensure product information from bookings and assistance requests is up to date and forwarded to product team if needed
- Accurate delivery of booking information into various in-house software solutions
- Time management of effective customer care delivery
- Maintenance of existing Customer Care tools (databases, manuals, in-house forms)
- Continuing improvement to customer care administration and work methods
- Effective “handover” to following Customer Care staff members – clear, concise and detailed information
- Special project / product work when required
- Point of contact (on a rotating basis) for retail travel distributors, customers, agents & suppliers in relation to all TripAdvisor Attractions/Viator.com products and the online booking process
- Logging and collating all system and product errors
- Control (on a rotating basis) of the online booking / cancellation / amendment procedures
- Responsible for email work queues in VRS (Viator’s reservation system) submitted to our family of websites and will assist in responding to incoming customer service emails.
- Responsible for monthly gross booking goals through new sales bookings and amendments to existing bookings.
- Additionally, this position will assist with call volume in the Contact Center.
EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
- Requires 2-4 years of experience in related field, preferably in travel and a call center setting
- Excellent communication, time management skills, the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines on multiple projects
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, administrative, multi-tasking, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to work efficiently, independently and cohesively, consistently producing quality results
- Experience in travel either in product development, operations or reservations
- Solid experience in Phone Sales
- Basic background knowledge of computers and IT functions
- Global geographical knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written), fluent in English and articulate
- Excellent customer care
- Computer literate to Microsoft Windows applications required;
- Must be committed to a flexible work schedule which will include early morning, mid-morning, evenings and weekends\
- Must possess critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other office equipment.
- The ability to work within a close environment.
- Constantly hearing, listening, speaking – must wear headset, holding head up for long periods.
- Constantly sitting for long periods of time, wrist motion, manual dexterity, fingering, and handling.
- Frequently seeing, moving eyes, arms, hands and fingers freely, eye/hand coordination, attention to/observing details, making decisions and following directions.
- Occasionally walking 10 – 30 ft.
- Frequently reading, writing and working rapidly; concentrating amid distractions.
- Occasional standing, wrist motion, twisting, bending, lifting up to 25 lbs., carrying, pushing, pulling, kneeling and handling.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English.
Note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that different tasks be performed as necessary.
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.