The lifeblood of TripAdvisor Engineering
TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site, is looking for a Principal/Senior software engineer for the Restaurants team. We have 4+ million places to eat worldwide that are listed on the site, and you will have a unique opportunity to help millions of travelers and locals find restaurants that fit their needs! You will work on key technical features, help others in the team with the harder problems, work closely with product management on specs. We iterate and deploy code fast, and everyone is looking at the impact that the team makes to our numbers.
Engineers work on game changing features that are seen by millions of people a day. Some examples of those are:
- Useful Shelves of various restaurant categories that allow people quickly narrow down their searches, e.g. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g187791-Rome_Lazio.html
- Integrating with Restaurant Reservation systems for fast and convenient online booking experience
- Allowing Restaurant Owners to promote their listings based on unique targeting that is based on user’s interests.
As a Principal or Senior Software Engineer at TripAdvisor, you will provide technical leadership in an environment that moves fast (weekly and even daily releases), is based on close collaboration between teams and team members, and that expects you to own your projects.
Our product feedback loop is immediate which means we can rapidly iterate and deploy. If you enjoy building full stack applications from the ground up, leveraging the newest technologies to delight users, and executing like an entrepreneur, then you’ve found the right place. Technical focus includes full stack web development, reporting, analytics, web security, ecommerce, user interface (UI), and user experience (UX) development. We optimize the site with an iterative, agile, and data-driven approach by running several concurrent A/B tests a week. TripAdvisor is built on a massively scaled infrastructure and utilizes modern web technologies to create a cutting edge product.
What you will do:
- Design complex systems and lead the technical solution of projects
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Develop, deploy and maintain full stack implementations of owner- and consumer-facing features of TripAdvisor Restaurant experience
- Be responsible for the code quality on your team
- Mentor more junior developers
- Be responsible for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of large scale, full life cycle development experience
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Has in-depth technical experience with full stack server side and web development
- Prior experience in a startup a plus