TripAdvisor is currently seeking potential candidates to join our team of Content Integrity investigators. Applicants should possess strong analytic, organization and communication skills. Basic understanding of digital forensics, financial fraud detection or a background in investigatory work a plus.
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest online travel site, visited by 455 million travelers each month. The Content team is a large, dynamic, and international team at TripAdvisor responsible for publishing 270 contributions to the site per minute. In order to provide our users with the most relevant and helpful information for their travels, it is vital to detect and prevent fraudulent or otherwise biased content from being published to our site. To ensure this, TripAdvisor is seeking candidates to join our team of Content Integrity investigators.
Applicants should possess strong analytic, organization and communication skills. The right candidate is someone who is excited by the ‘hunt’ and who will find motivation in detecting new ways to uncover fraud.
What You Will Do:
- No day is ever the same!
- On the Investigations team you will have the opportunity to learn new skills and work both autonomously and collaboratively on many different types of investigations.
- When you uncover a possible lead that will help detect fraud you are encouraged to see it through and present on results.
- You’ll be surrounded by a leading team of investigators who will support your development within a fast-paced business environment.
- You’ll also be supported by a large, global team of content experts who are extremely passionate about their role within TripAdvisor and who aim to quickly deliver quality content to travelers.
- Surface and investigate instances of bias / fraud in TripAdvisor's review pool through the use of SQL queries, environmental scanning and link analysis software.
- Analyze patterns to determine the participants and source of review submission schemes.
- Correspond with members, owners and the Customer Care Team in a support capacity to communicate findings, manage expectations and ultimately drive behavior.
- Work collaboratively with the global Investigations Team - sharing information on cases, making judgments by committee and developing proposals for policy improvements.
- Leverage knowledge of existing fraud patterns and trends to develop proactive detection methods in conjunction with our Engineering teams.
- Present and review cases to brief TripAdvisor's Legal and Executive Team.
- Communicate findings by authoring clear and concise case reports.
- Assist in planning and executing trainings for new team members.
What You Will Bring To The Team:
- Experience in investigations work, social media investigations experience
- Proficiency in problem solving / pattern recognition / analytical thinking
- Proficiency in handling complex support cases
- Ability to learn new tools and skills quickly
- Ability to quickly distinguish relevant from irrelevant information
- Service oriented, ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Strong time management/prioritization skills, flexibility and multi-tasking ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced Web environment with Web-based tools
- Excellent people skills and the ability to resolve user issues diplomatically
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
- Experience utilizing fraud detection tools resulting in high quality and/or high volume results
- Ability to write SQL queries
- French, Italian or Spanish language skills a plus