TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup at a thriving, and well-established industry brand.
Here you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
We are seeking a Community Manager, who will be responsible for maintaining and innovating upon one of the world's leading traveler forums.
This role will be responsible for setting and implementing policies to help facilitate a productive user community for trip planning and travel related discussions.
If you’re quick on your feet, enjoy the complexities of working in an online environment, and have experience managing a large, vibrant online community, we’d like to talk to you!
What you will do:
- Develops, implements and manages global enforcement of content policies related to TripAdvisor forums
- Manages and coaches four to five forums team members - including conducting annual performance reviews and regular calibration discussions
- Works with Public Relations and Legal, advising on TripAdvisor forums team decision making and policies
- Capable of conducting independent data analysis to inform decisions and improve operational processes.
- Innovates on building a world-class online community for travelers
- Coordinates with product manager and technical team to develop and improve forum experience and internal toolset
- Troubleshoots technical issues and interfacing with engineers to ensure resolution
- Creates detailed guidelines and templates to support consistent forum moderation across a large team of content moderators.
- Reports on operational performance and metrics; develops action plans for improvement as necessary.
- Provides relevant and timely feedback to leadership team
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-6 years of experience managing an online community
- 3-6 years people management experience
- Proficiency in problem solving / analytical thinking
- Experience with a CRM system, Salesforce a plus
- Ability to learn new tools and skills quickly
- Customer support experience a plus
- Strong time management/prioritization skills, flexibility and multi-tasking ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced Web environment with Web-based tools
- Excellent people skills and the ability to resolve user issues diplomatically
- Ability to maintain and expand a loyal online community
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel
- Ability to use SQL to create queries a plus
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***