TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Seeking smart, energetic online advertising sales professional to help grow and service subset of key category for company’s display advertising business. Successful candidate must be creative, customer-focused, resourceful, and enjoy working in a highly entrepreneurial environment. Position requires outstanding sales, communication, and organization skills; a gift for developing and maintaining relationships; and a working knowledge of digital media. S/he will be responsible for hitting quarterly and annual sales targets
Destination Marketing Executive
We are looking for a smart and energetic online advertising sales professional to help grow and service a core component of the company’s display advertising business. The successful candidate must be aggressive, creative, and resourceful and enjoy working in a highly entrepreneurial environment. The position requires outstanding sales, communication, and organization skills; a gift for developing and maintaining relationships; and a working knowledge of digital media. S/he will be responsible for hitting quarterly and annual sales targets.
The successful candidate will be working in our Needham, MA; New York, NY; or Los Angeles, CA office. This position reports to the Head of Destination Marketing, Americas.
What We Seek:
- 1-2 years' experience selling or servicing online advertising
- Recent and successful track record of sales and/or sales service (to the travel industry and, in particular, destination marketing organizations, is a plus)
- Experience working successfully and energetically on the phone, in groups, and through in-person meetings
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills are essential in this role
- Excellent online, written and verbal communications skills
- Experience bundling different types of advertising products (e.g. CPM media, sponsorships, text links, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and sell strategically
- Track record of developing long-term relationships with (and commitments from) clients and agencies
- Strong analytical skills
- Experienced business judgment: Must be positive, persistent and professional
- Successful candidate must enjoy problem-solving and be unafraid of technical solutions
- Teamwork skills essential; sense of humor required; over-developed sales egos must be checked at the door
- College degree preferred
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events, and is able to move forward productively
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- This position will cover North America.