TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Seeking smart, energetic online advertising sales professional to help grow DMO & Nonprofit category for company's CPM/display advertising business. Successful candidate must be aggressive, creative, resourceful, and enjoy working in a highly entrepreneurial environment. Position requires outstanding sales, communication, organization, and management skills as well as a gift for developing and maintaining relationships, and an exceptional understanding of digital media. S/he will be responsible for hitting quarterly and annual sales targets
Destination Marketing Manager
We are looking for a smart and energetic online advertising sales professional to help grow the company's rapidly expanding CPM/display advertising business. The successful candidate must be aggressive, creative, and resourceful and must enjoy working in a highly entrepreneurial environment. The position requires outstanding sales, communication, organization and management skills as well as a gift for developing and maintaining relationships, and an exceptional understanding of digital media. S/he will be responsible for hitting monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets. This position reports to the Head of Destination Marketing Sales, Americas.
What We Seek:
- 3-5 years of experience selling online advertising with responsibility for an annual quota of at least $1.5 million
- 5+ years of media sales experience
- Recent and successful track record of sales (to the travel industry and, in particular, destination marketing organizations, is a plus)
- Experience working successfully and energetically on the phone, in groups, and through in-person client meetings
- Experience bundling different types of advertising products (e.g. CPM media, sponsorships, programmatic, text links, etc.)
- Ability to think creatively and sell strategically
- Track record of developing long-term relationships with (and commitments from) clients and agencies
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent online, written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Experienced business judgment: Must be positive, persistent and professional
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Successful candidate must enjoy problem-solving and be unafraid of technical solutions
- Heavy use of data and customer insights critical to success
- Teamwork skills essential; sense of humor required; over-developed sales egos must be checked at the door
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in appropriate and timely manner, acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- Territory will be comprised of AZ, CA, NM, and WA.