To have a significant impact on a strategic new product initiative at one of the very few companies operating at internet scale. This is a data-driven, customer-facing, fast-paced gig.
While contributing to the product’s success, you will be expected to become proficient in the full stack: database, core data structures, server side business logic - servlets and services, server side presentation layer, AJAX, and UX in the browser. You will become an expert in one or more of these areas, but you will be proficient in all of them. In short order, you will have all of the skills needed to power the next decade of innovation in tech!
TripAdvisor is investing in a strategic new product initiative. While we will leverage much of what has already been written here, there is much to be designed, built, and market tested that is brand new. So this is a chance to get in at the ground floor in something that should be big.
We develop in Java on Linux on the server side, and we do whatever works on the browser. We run an Agile development process with dedicated product management embedded with the technical team - we collaborate 24x7. We release at least every week, and sometimes daily.
- Solid grasp of core computer science principles: data structures, algorithms, database
- Solid grasp of core software engineering principles: OO, “good code”, “good process”
- Experience in several areas of the “full stack” of web technologies
- More than competent Java programming skill
- Facility with Linux
- Ability and willingness to learn - to accept constructive criticism, and to actively seek knowledge
- Willingness to mentor others in areas in which you are an expert
- Serious smarts
- Linux, Postgres, Apache Tomcat
- AJAX, Apache Velocity, Dust.js