Working as a key HR leader within the People Operations team at TripAdvisor, this role is responsible for developing and driving the people strategy for TripAdvisor’s Hotel Business Unit; our largest business within the company.
The job holder will be the primary business partner to the President of the Hotel Business Unit. This person will be a core member of the leadership team, working both strategically and operationally to assist in driving the business, acting as a trusted advisor and building the talent pipeline.
This person will also be a member of the Global HR Business Partner Leadership Team, responsible for delivering a world-class employee experience across the TripAdvisor businesses.
- Building outstanding relationships with executive leaders and their teams; provide executive coaching and counsel to top leaders within the client groups
- Provide thought-leadership regarding organization and people-related strategy and execution; leverage data to guide decision making
- Assess ongoing talent and organizational needs across the client groups, providing proactive counsel to the leadership team(s), defining solutions that will enable retention and development of our people. Deliver targeted solutions including strategic workforce planning, change management and organizational effectiveness efforts
- Lead a team of Business Partners in support of the Hotel Business Unit; partner with regional HR Business Partners as well as other cross-functional COE teams in L&OD, Total Rewards and Talent Acquisition to develop and deliver best practices within the People Operations team
- Establish clear framework for managing Employee Relations issues; partner effectively with legal counsel and exercise outstanding judgment and technical expertise
- Serve as a member of the Global Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) Leadership Team
- Maintain outstanding relationships and networks both internally and externally, staying current with the latest issues and trends within Human Resources
- Be a consistent role model of the TripAdvisor Purpose & Values
- 12+ years of progressive experience in Human Resources, prior people management experience is essential
- Experience in working within global organizations, leading and influencing across geographic boundaries
- Substantial knowledge of HR best practices and a natural intellectual curiosity
- Ability to work in an organization with a culture that emphasizes “speed wins,” yet does not sacrifice quality while working in this fast-paced environment.
- A positive, optimistic, action oriented individual with a ‘can do’ mentality
- A confident individual with outstanding learning agility who responds to feedback openly, always looking for ways to improve and learn new ways to do things more effectively
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with an ability to articulate facts and ideas in a compelling and organized manner
- A creative and pragmatic problem solver who can quickly distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information when addressing a situation
- A person who possesses a deep understanding and passion for business with a high level of intellectual curiosity about the critical issues to the organization and industry.
- An outstanding cross-functional collaborator that can leverage and influence stakeholders around the world to help drive the business
- Someone who leads with data and utilizes technical expertise to influence decisions
- A person who solves complex issues proactively with outstanding judgment and pragmatism
- An ability to manage projects and multi task with ease
- Highly adaptable and comfortable working with a degree of ambiguity
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***