Interested in growing your career at a fast-growing online travel website? The Trust & Safety Team is responsible for providing a professional and consistent level of authentication for all TripAdvisor Vacation Rentals accounts & bookings. The Fraud Analyst will work to validate new account sign-ups and provide support to travelers and property owners who contact TripAdvisor Vacation rentals regarding trust and safety issues.
This position is an outstanding opportunity for a smart, energetic, responsible, self-motivated person who excels in customer support and attention to detail.
The primary responsibility for the role will be assisting with validation checks for customers so they can advertise their property with us and book vacations safely through our site.
- Assist in validation checks for new account holders and booking travelers
- Investigate accounts and bookings using the information provided by the customer
- Analyze information and make conclusions in an efficient manner about the legitimacy of the account/booking
- Make justifiable decisions in regards to evidence found and relating this to how we can proceed with new customers
- Understand and meet targets supplied so that we meet all our customers’ needs as efficiently as possible
- Have the insight to provide new ideas which would improve and add to the current processes that we use in the Trust and Safety Team
- Provide customer support
- Make and respond to telephone calls and emails to assist customers with any additional checks we may need to validate their account before activation/validate their booking before the check-in date
- Resolve issues that arise from validation checks and provide clear and concise feedback to the customer
- Handle any issues associated with the misuse of a customer’s account that would affect travelers
- Investigate existing account holders for suspicious or fraudulent behavior
- Evaluate the risk that an existing customer would pose to the company
- Use in-house tools to recognize the increased threat of an existing account and act upon that information in an efficient manner
Attributes required within the Account Verification and Security Team:
- Exceptional attention for detail & high-quality research skills
- Active interest in the internet fraud world and a keen desire to learn new skills
- Problem solving skills with the willingness to take ownership and resolve issues
- Ability to listen and communicate well with an excellent telephone manner
- Excellent written skills with proper grammar usage and thorough, yet concise verbiage
- Good time management and self-organization
- Ability to keep calm under pressure
- Desire satisfaction from making a difference, exceeding customer expectations, and a willingness to go the extra mile
- Being an open and honest team player
- Desire to thrive in a hardworking team
- Ability to challenge ideas and ask questions
- Demonstrate pro-activity and responsibility
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be able to work weeknights and/or weekends
- Prior experience within a Customer Service role is desirable
- Experience in a research environment is advantageous
- Must be confident in using a PC
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office Software and an image editing package (i.e. Photoshop) within a Customer Service role is desirable
- Fluent in a second language (Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian, etc.) is preferable
**The schedule for this position would require a commitment of 3 weekends each month.
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.