The Accounts Payable Accountant is a key member of the accounts payable team processing payments in multiple currencies across several entities in a public company SOX environment.
- Processes accounts payable. Reviews invoices, ensures signatory authority and signing limits.
- Reconciles credit card bills monthly and ensure all charges have adequate supporting documentation and correct processes followed.
- Processes expense reimbursements and supply purchases.
- Provides and receives information regarding accounts payable with vendors, managers, and staff.
- Maintains electronic files of invoices and other financial documents.
- Ensures all invoices are coded to the correct general ledger accounts and costs centers.
- Ensures timely payment of all invoices in accordance with vendor terms and agreed payment batch schedule.
- Prepares weekly payment batches, one-off checks, wire transfers and ACH payments, in multiply currencies across several business units and banking institutions.
- Resolves internal issue in Accounts Payable area.
- Handles vendor and internal inquiries on payment status.
- Prepares Form1099’s annually.
- Informs accountants of any possible accruals for month end close and ensure all costs have been booked in the correct period.
- Participates in the implementation of a new ERP.
- Performs general and ad hoc project support as required.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors or Associates degree in a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience with full cycle AP.
- Experience in accounts payable function and account reconciliation is required.
- Multi-entity, multi-currency experience strongly preferred.
- Excellence in timelines, accuracy and consistency of file maintenance and customer service.
- Good knowledge of accounts payable processes and procedures.
- Strong math and analytical skills; excellent problem-solving, decision-making, critical-thinking skills.
- Good knowledge of General Ledger practices and processes.
- Accounting ERP experience required, preferably Workday.
- Excellent computer skills including advanced knowledge in use of MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Works effectively with internal customers including Accounts Payable, Legal, Purchasing and service providers and depicts a team oriented attitude.
- Superior work paper organization, attention to detail, ability to quickly synthesize and analyze data required.
- Ability to break down complex issues and tailor communication style to a range of audiences, including non-accountants, and to clearly articulate ideas, solutions and conclusions to stakeholders.
- Strong organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***