Account Executive - EMEA
Viator is the world's leading resource for researching and booking unforgettable travel experiences, providing access to more than 50,000 tours, attractions and activities in more than 2,500 destinations spanning 170+ countries. Viator flagship website www.viator.com offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with resources including more than 1 million verified traveler reviews and photos, the Viator Travel Blog, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube sites. Viator industry-leading mobile apps (www.viator.com/apps) make it easy to browse and book on the road.
Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at Viator.com, the Viator apps for iOS and Android, 11 local-language sites throughout Europe, Asia and South America, and through its global network of more than 3,000 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, Viator welcomes 18 million visitors per month.
Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator is part of the TripAdvisor family of companies.
Viator is looking for a dynamic sales professional to join our fast-growing Global Sales & Account Management team. As an Account Executive, you will be responsible for developing and optimizing Viator’s industry-leading tour and attraction offerings in your assigned region.
You will research and identify targets and bring suppliers onto our platform by selling Viator and TripAdvisor’s value proposition as the world’s largest online distribution solution for attractions, tours and activities. Primary responsibilities include spearheading new supplier partnerships, rapidly expanding Viator’s product portfolio, negotiating commercial terms, managing supplier relationships, and optimizing a growing collection of products in your region.
This role requires strong attention to detail, the ability to master technical systems and processes, and polished communication skills, both internally and externally. The ideal candidate has 3+ years’ proven experience in generating and closing leads, as well as managing accounts. This is a great opportunity for a motivated candidate with a passion for travel to join a fun team and have immediate impact driving revenue for a fast-growing global company.
- Develop Viator’s tour and activity product portfolio in your assigned region
- Research destinations, identify partnership opportunities, and drive outreach to target attractions and tour operators
- Attend trade events, participate in regional speaking engagements as needed, and collaborate with destination marketing organizations and visitor bureaus
- Sell Viator and TripAdvisor’s distribution solution to attractions and tour operators
- Convert both inbound and outbound leads, with particular focus on key target list
- Negotiate commercial terms, including net rates and margins
- Ensure that new suppliers successfully load their product portfolio onto Viator’s platform
- Review product pricing, availability and content for quality and accuracy
- Review sales performance and leverage supplier relationships to optimize revenue growth
- Upsell suppliers to marketing campaigns and other ancillary programs
- Collaborate with marketing and other departments to promote products and destinations
- Be an organizational “thought leader” in your assigned region, filling strategic gaps and developing new products to meet consumer demand
- Provide training and operational support to accounts as needed, including customer service, finance and other administrative matters
Key Skills & Experience
- 3-5+ years sales and/or account management experience, preferably with an online company
- Travel industry experience preferred; experience with tour operators highly regarded
- Proven record of generating leads and contracting business
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical skills including highly proficient use of data tools and MS Excel
- Proficiency with MS Office, Salesforce, and online content management systems
- Ability to organize multiple priorities simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable personality; self-motivated, enthusiastic, and able to succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required