JOB TITLE: Apprentice HR / Recruiting Administrator
REPORTS TO: HR Business Partner, Oxford
KEY REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Global Benefits Team; Recruitment Team; EMEA Payroll Team
Tripadvisor Vacation Rentals (Holiday Letting division)
Tripadvisor Vacation Rentals (Holiday Lettings division) is the largest holiday home website in the UK and continues to grow impressively with a constantly changing product offer. It is a fully owned subsidiary of TripAdvisor.com. With more than 20 million unique monthly visitors worldwide. TripAdvisor has recently reached a milestone of 100 million reviews and opinions, doubling its content in two years and featuring more user-generated content than any other travel website!
TripAdvisor.com is the largest travel community in the world and a leader in the growing online travel market, offering consumers high-quality, unbiased content plus booking opportunities via our partner booking engines. If you're interested in joining a group of extraordinary people at one of the world’s fastest growing travel media web sites, join TripAdvisor. At TripAdvisor, we combine a unique mix of creativity, analytics, and a casual environment to get innovative new products and services to market faster, and we need the best and the brightest contributors to help move that forward. We’re a passionate, fun, and analytical team with the energy of a start-up and the stability of a profitable enterprise.
The Apprentice serves as a crucial link between the Company and its employees and will therefore provide first line support on the operational aspects of HR and Recruiting.
Supporting the HRBP Oxford and Recruiter with various duties linked to any administrative tasks or projects.
HR Duties (Learning functions)
- Uploading all new hire information into workday in a timely fashion as well as ensuring payroll is informed
- Processing leavers in workday and with payroll
- Preparing various references letters – Mortgage; employer; bank etc.
- Preparing leaver paperwork
- Filing of employee paperwork and contracts
- Set up of exit interviews for HBRP
- Document uploads to ensure accurate records are kept for each employee
- Assisting employees with the self-service queries of workday
- Helping with any employee queries with workday benefit elections
- Making sure all payroll forms are completed by new starters and processed
- Maintaining the monthly payroll spreadsheet will all changes for payroll
- To carry out any other relevant duties as determined by the HR Business Partner
Recruiting duties (Learning functions)
- Ensure a positive candidate experience by working directly with candidates and recruiters to schedule interviews, greet and host candidates while on-site, and address any issues that arise
- Book travel accommodations for candidates and arrange reimbursement for any additional candidate travel expenses
- Update and maintain applicant tracking system / candidate database
- Generate and process confidential offer documents, and distribute and collect employment applications and other documentation
- Manage initiation of background checks for new hires
- Support the recruiting team in the planning and execution of recruiting focused events such as open houses, meet ups, campus career fairs, and presence at industry events
- Assist with additional ad hoc projects such as updating social media pages, blog posts, and running weekly and monthly reports for Talent Acquisition leadership
- Strong attention to detail is critical to the success of this role as you will be updating and managing many pieces of data across systems, databases and spreadsheets
- Very good communication skills, self-motivation, and a positive "can do" attitude with a passion for a career in HR.
- Professional communication skills essential – the ability to converse confidently, build relationships at all levels and present a professional image to senior managers and employees alike
- Fluent written and spoken English essential
- Ability to learn technical skills – Excel, Word, database awareness.
- Working with internal systems is also required and this person will have to be able to learn very quickly and not be afraid to ask questions
- Flexible approach; ability to follow processes; able to multi-task at all times, ability to prioritise workload; and be time sensitive to tasks which are critical
- Committed, hardworking and proactive approach, and resilient