Viator is the world's leading resource for researching and booking unforgettable travel experiences, providing access to more than 50,000 tours, attractions and activities in more than 2,500 destinations spanning 170+ countries. Viator flagship website www.viator.com offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with resources including more than 1 million verified traveler reviews and photos, the Viator Travel Blog, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube sites. Viator industry-leading mobile apps (www.viator.com/apps) make it easy to browse and book on the road.
Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at Viator.com, the Viator apps for iOS and Android, 11 local-language sites throughout Europe, Asia and South America, and through its global network of more than 3,000 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, Viator welcomes 18 million visitors per month.
Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator is part of the TripAdvisor family of companies.
Viator is looking for a Support Engineer to work across the Application support and Corporate IT teams to help support our rapidly expanding user base, applications, networks and servers. In this role, you will be responsible for hunting down and fixing system issues, supporting our partners, provisioning equipment and accounts for new users and keeping the staff productive by ensuring that they are online and have access to our business tools.
Reporting to the IT Director in Sydney, the ideal candidate will have a background working with Windows / Linux / Mac environments in an eCommerce environment, have great communication skills, experience working with APIs and the desire work in a fun and interesting workplace.
This position will typically function during normal business hours.
Key Skills / Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications
- Work with partners to integrate our services
- Monitor and rectify issues that arise in our server environments
- Troubleshoot network and web site issues
- Internal & external application support
- Help internal users with IT issues
- Set up of new users
- Hardware provisioning for users in Sydney
- Liaise with suppliers and Customer Service teams to champion customer satisfaction and uptime
- Windows server administration
- MSSQL Database configuration and maintenance
- Linux systems administration
- LDAP & Active Directory administration and integration
- Reverse engineer issues to find the cause of problems
- Web server administration and site configuration
- VoIP Phone system support
- Build internal tools to stop repetitive tasks
- Impeccable Written and Verbal Skills are required
- Passion for technology
- Desire to learn about new platforms, technologies and marketing technology approaches
- A love of travel is not required, but hey - why not?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field of study