We are looking for a smart and experienced online Advertising Sales Director to lead TripAdvisor’s Audience, Native and Display ad sales business. The role will involve the day-to-day management of a European ad sales team that has 7 direct reports in remote offices throughout continental Europe.
This will include:
- Creating National and International deals with the sales team, fully leveraging TripAdvisor’s websites and international user base.
- Further development of the team. Guiding their online knowledge, strategy and supporting them in key meetings.
- Developing strategies for trading that delivers against our growth targets.
- Aiding in the hiring of new team members, as well as team development of existing employees.
- Developing Annual, Quarterly and Monthly sales targets with the VP Display Sales and then owning those targets once they are set.
- Strong analytical skills to help guide trading policies as well as inventory availability with the Sales and Ad Operations teams.
- Negotiating and developing agency deals where appropriate
- The successful candidate must be creative, resourceful, aggressive, and must enjoy working in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
- The position requires someone with fantastic sales and communication skills both internally (to regional and global teams) as well as externally with clients and agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively, negotiate, and sell strategically.
- Track record of developing long-term relationships with major clients and agencies
- The ideal candidate must be able to identify issues and enjoy problem solving on their own or as a team.
- An appreciation for accurate reporting, and an analytical skill set that can be leveraged against Direct Response campaigns
- Teamwork skills, a sense of humor and a passion for travel are all essential for this role.
- Display advertising patch with responsibility for an annual quota of +$10M
- Management experience leading a team of 5+ sales people
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong language skills in English required; German, Spanish and/or French desirable, but not required
- Experience selling to multi market agencies and clients as well as creating Pan Market Deals
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a concise, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business