Know Better, Book Better, Go Better.
Viator by TripAdvisor is the leader in providing travelers the one-stop shop to plan, research and book activities online on Viator and TripAdvisor family brands. Viator powers Attractions for TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site*, and is the de facto leader for online tours and activities. With nearly 1.6 million reviews and photos from customers and a global network of over 3,000 affiliate partners, Viator sells products to consumers globally in 10 languages through Viator and TripAdvisor mobile and web experiences, major airlines and hotels, travel agencies, city-specific websites, and more. Through its collection of sites, Viator welcomes over 10 million visitors per month.
Viator has multiple regional offices including Sydney, San Francisco, Boston, London and Las Vegas. Viator is part of the TripAdvisor family of companies, based in Boston. This position will be based in San Francisco with frequent interaction across global offices.
ABOUT OUR TEAM & THE ROLE:
We’re more than just the numbers.
Using our unique perspective and relationships with key stakeholders, the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team drives the entire budget of revenue and expense in addition to providing insights on trends and opportunities developing within Viator and similar industries.
The Senior Financial Analyst (SFA) will be responsible for reporting, planning and analysis within specific business channels and functions. You will perform recurring close and forecast-related responsibilities, and perform complex financial analysis/modeling while gaining invaluable experience in a position with significant responsibility and interaction with business partners. Successful candidates are fun, quantitatively-driven communicators, and know how to balance getting the details right while moving quickly in a results-driven environment.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Support Senior Management with financial forecasts for applicable operating expenses, headcount; in addition to required ad hoc analysis.
- Key business partner and finance budget owner for product, engineering, and corporate stakeholders, preparing ongoing key deliverables which include variance analysis, plan versus actuals reporting, forecast updates, risks and opportunities, as well as other monthly corporate deliverables as required.
- Build and maintain accurate reporting/forecasts as it relates to product and engineering groups, in addition to ongoing updates to capex and real estate forecast
- Implement consistent, automated and enhanced reporting that addresses the key performance metrics of the business partnering with FP&A and Data Analytics stakeholders.
- Work with Accounting and business partners to ensure financial policies and activities are consistently applied, reported and coordinated.
- Drive continuous process and automation improvements by participating in reporting enhancements for Finance, Data Analytics, business partners, and external stakeholders.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in FP&A or Accounting, or similar skillset, with analytics and planning tools experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics and/or management information systems required.
- Advanced Excel and modeling talent required; experience with Hyperion/Essbase and Tableau or similar platforms preferred.
- Background working in technology (preferably e-commerce or transactional online services); travel, hotel, and/or retail; public sector companies preferred.
- Previous experience in building detailed models for a business with numerous and complex channels of revenue and expenses is a plus.
- Familiarity with e-commerce consumer funnels is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work independently across multiple projects in a fast-paced team environment with time pressures.
- Proven ability to zero-in on the details to drive continued accuracy against forecasts and translate financial analysis into indicators for operational change and improvement
- Highly motivated, collaborative, flexible, fun and responsive team player with a strong customer focus with background building relationships outside of finance departments
This role will requires travel between Boston and San Francisco offices.
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***
*Source: comScore Media Metrix for TripAdvisor Sites, worldwide, July 2016