About TripAdvisor Vacation Rentals:
Professional property managers and property owners are generally the two types of people vacation renters rent from. What are the differences? Property managers most often provide on-site help with an experienced local staff and hospitality service. Property owners typically provide personal and direct contact, flexible rates and dates with more options in smaller towns. These property owners and managers list their properties with TripAdvisor companies FlipKey or Holiday Lettings or one of our trusted partners worldwide.
TripAdvisor.com is the largest travel community in the world and a leader in the growing online travel market, offering consumers high-quality, unbiased content plus booking opportunities via our partner booking engines. If you're interested in joining a group of extraordinary people at one of the world’s fastest growing travel media web sites, join TripAdvisor. At TripAdvisor, we combine a unique mix of creativity, analytics, and a casual environment to get innovative new products and services to market faster, and we need the best and the brightest contributors to help move that forward. We’re a passionate, fun, and analytical team with the energy of a start-up and the stability of a profitable enterprise.
We are seeking an Accountant to assist with a variety of tasks related to our Vacation Rentals Free-to-List (FTL) transactional business.
The role is based within the finance department (a total team of 8), reporting to the Finance Manager – FTL Reporting but will also involve developing close working relationships with the cash operations, customer service, trust and safety teams and other parts of the Business.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a busy finance department in a similar high volume transactional role although, previous industry experience is not necessarily required. Key skills will include good organisational and time management, strong analytical skills with an attention to detail, cross-functional team working and an ability to quickly gain an in-depth understanding of new accounting and cash management systems. A working knowledge of accounting principles is essential as is a good knowledge of Excel.
The role is based in Oxford and may include travel to the TripAdvisor headquarters in Boston.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial accounts for the FTL elements of the TAVR business covering Holiday Lettings, Niumba and Flipkey. This includes revenue and cost accounting and also the posting of accruals and provisions where required
- Take full responsibility for monthly PayPal and Bank cash reconciliations during the financial close ensuring reconciling items are clearly aged and resolved in a timely manner. This will involve processing accounting adjustments to the Workday accounting system and also the FTL finance database as required
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with internal SOX controls for all key FTL accounts for review by senior management and follow up of unreconciled balances
- Lead in the preparation and submission of Niumba’s annual statutory accounts for external filing ensuring that deadlines are met as required
- Provide assistance to senior management in the discharging of indirect tax compliance obligations and work to ensure that ever-increasing VAT registrations and filing requirements are met
- Taking ownership where required of deep analytical dives into various P&L and balance sheet accounts to help senior management understand results versus forecast
- Assist in the monitoring and control of finance processes to drive efficiency improvements and automation
- Any other ad hoc duties that may be required
What We Seek:
- Accounting/business degree or finalist/newly qualified accountant with 2-5 years of accounting experience
- Ability to organise data to create and maintain complex financial models that support a variety of accounting and reporting goals
- Strong presentation, communication and project management skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work in a complex, collaborative and changing environment while staying focused on key goals and objectives
- Skills and Software: Advanced MS Excel required. Strong financial systems experience required. Experience with SQL and relational databases is a plus