The Director of HR is responsible for delivering HR operational excellence and driving the people strategy for the LaFourchette Organization, a subsidiary of TripAdvisor. The job holder will be the day-to-day business partner to the CEO of LaFourchette, working strategically with him and the LaFourchette leadership team to assist in driving the business, acting as a trusted advisor and building the talent pipeline. This person will also be a member of TripAdvisor’s Global HR Business Partner Leadership Team, responsible for driving alignment and maximizing efficiencies across the TripAdvisor businesses. This person will work in a highly matrixed environment requiring an ability to influence, with or without direct reporting authority, across many groups including Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, L&OD, and Office Experience.
- Management responsibilities include HR Business Partners, Coordinators, Recruiters, or people working in our Office Experience roles. Regardless of direct or indirect reporting relationships, this person is accountable for attracting, retaining and growing top talent for the LaFourchette organization.
- Serve as both a member of the LaFourchette Leadership Team as well as a member of the Global Human Resources Business Partner Leadership Team.
- Be a consistent role model of the LaFourchette and TripAdvisor Purpose & Values.
- Continuously build and drive employee engagement through a variety of ways including, but not limited to, leveraging strong relationships with Corporate Communications and Office Experience.
- Closely monitor an ongoing list of vacancies, providing regular updates to the LaFourchette leadership team, holding hiring managers and recruiters accountable, and ensuring these roles are filled quickly with top talent.
- Lead a variety of critical initiatives such as talent reviews, succession planning, workforce planning, quarterly business reviews, performance management and internal mobility.
- Objectively evaluate talent, knowing strengths, weaknesses and development opportunities.
- Maintain ongoing relationships with that talent, developing a deep and comprehensive knowledge of these people and what drives them.
- Partner effectively with legal counsel and exercise outstanding judgment and technical expertise in dealing with employee relations matters.
- Develop and maintain strong, credible relationships with a variety of key stakeholders across the HR COEs, always focusing on the best solutions for both the LaFourchette business and the larger TripAdvisor organization.
- Maintain outstanding relationships and networks both internally and externally, staying current and up-to-date with the latest issues and solutions to a variety of matters in the industry and field of Human Resources.
- Occasionally work on cross-functional M&A teams to lead the due diligence efforts of potential acquisitions.
- 12 – 15+ years of experience in Human Resources. Some experience in a HR Center of Excellence is preferred as is experience working in a business role outside of the HR function.
- Ability to work in an organization with a culture that emphasizes “speed wins,” yet does not sacrifice quality while working in this fast paced environment.
- A true team player. Someone who works collaboratively and can break down silos.
- An individual who is extremely resilient. One who has had setbacks and failures and is able to quickly assess what led to the setback and respond with a new and successful approach.
- A positive, optimistic, action oriented individual with a ‘can do’ mentality.
- A confident individual with outstanding learning agility who responds to criticism openly, always looking for ways to improve and learn new ways to do things more effectively.
- An individual with professional executive presence and impact.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills with an ability to articulate facts and ideas in a compelling and organized manner.
- A creative and pragmatic problem solver who can quickly distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information when addressing a situation.
- A person who possesses a deep understanding and passion for the business with a high level of intellectual curiosity about the critical issues to the organization and industry.
- A true knowledge expert of their specific function or business with a thorough understanding of the top talent and critical roles within that organization.
- An outstanding cross-functional collaborator that can leverage and influence stakeholders around the world to help drive the business.
- Someone who leads with data and utilizes technical expertise to influence decisions.
- A person who solves complex issues proactively with outstanding judgment and pragmatism.
- A courageous advocate with a clear point-of-view.
- An ability to manage projects and multi task with ease.
- Someone with strong analytical skills.
- Experience working in a complex matrixed organization.
- A calm and poised individual, particularly when under pressure.
- Highly adaptable and comfortable working with a degree of ambiguity.
- Substantial knowledge of HR policies and processes and employment laws.