TripAdvisor is the world’s largest online travel site, visited by 390 million travellers each month, and our business – TripAdvisor Rentals – is a fascinating and ever-evolving part of the organization. Rentals are a significant revenue generator and key growth area not just for TripAdvisor, but for the travel industry on the whole. It’s a category that’s rapidly gaining popularity; around two-thirds of travellers say they plan to stay in a rental this year, up from 50% two years ago. Our job is to ensure that we fulfil this demand and, ultimately, help travellers all over the world take amazing holidays, whether they’re staying in a studio in Sydney, a treehouse in Costa Rica, or a cottage in the Cotswolds.
This is a unique opportunity, for one of the most progressive companies in the digital space. We’re looking for a talented, dynamic product manager to own critical elements of our platform and constantly improve the experience for both our travellers and our homeowners.
As a Product Manager for a pioneering digital organization you will be an integral part of shaping the digital future and next big success. Owning the end to end delivery of critical product developments you’ll be creating ground breaking customer experiences that delight our customers, drives exponential business growth and pushes you to the forefront of the digital world.
You’ll be surrounded and supported by a leading team of digital and technological experts who deliver and evolve at a fast pace, and will help and push you to develop at an equally rapid rate. Working as part of a team of seasoned product managers, you will report to the Group Product Director and will have frequent and significant exposure to the most senior leadership in the organization. You’ll have the scope to push the boundaries, to test, develop and implement disruptive new ideas and opportunities with your own Agile team, and be well rewarded and recognized for doing so.
You’ll get experience of building strategic partnerships with other key stakeholders (marketing, sales, finance and product functions) to capture business requirements, plan product features and evaluate product performance along key KPIs.
Simply put, you’ll be responsible for creating best in class customer experiences that engage our users and compel them to transact with us more often.
This is a pivotal role working across the organisation, from identifying business requirements through to interactions with an Agile technical team to achieve product delivery. You’ll be motivated by a fast paced & Agile environment and excel at managing multiple projects simultaneously to test and execute immediate change.
You will drive new product strategy through identifying, analysing and implementing game changing innovations as well as improve existing product performance by using web analytics to identify incremental enhancements.
Responsibilities will include but not be restricted to:
- Product management of the TAVR public facing website, creating a powerful user experience to drive engagement and grow self-service across our customer base (Holiday Makers & Home Owners).
- Research and understand customer needs and root causes of actions/behaviours
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Understand the needs of internal stakeholders
- Create strategies to influence and manage customer behavior to drive key business targets
- Own and develop full business cases, including evaluation and recommendation of options
- Present key recommendations and results to senior leadership
- Execute your own comms – socialising your scope, goals, objectives and results widely across the organisation
- Project manage the delivery & implementation of your products, managing your own Agile scrum team and tracking the effectiveness and success of the final deliverables
- Own and execute overall product strategy for your area, creating impactful roadmaps to address real customer and business opportunities
- Passion for on-line ecommerce and digital technology, along with a hunger to develop disruptive experiences in this area
- Experience of working in a product related role within e-commerce.
- Proven history of developing high quality digital user experiences
- Ability to understand and drive improvements across all elements of the User Experience (Functionality, Design, Content and Usability)
- Strong analytical skills. Track record of defining and executing usage based analysis and tracking to drive and measure business performance
- Experience managing large, cross-functional projects
- Operating in a fast past development environment and dealing with multiple releases monthly
- Experience of working with Technology teams to develop product, providing clear product direction, background and user stories.
- Prior experience with Agile methodology a strong benefit but not essential
- Understanding of information architecture
- The ability to engage and confidently advise senior leaders and internal stakeholders is essential
- Clarity of thought and methodological approach to problems solving
- Strong communications skills
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and demonstrated experience in modelling, analysis, research, and presentation creation