Senior iOS Software Engineer
Viator is the world's leading resource for researching and booking unforgettable travel experiences, providing access to more than 50,000 tours, attractions and activities in more than 2,500 destinations spanning 170+ countries. Viator flagship website www.viator.com offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with resources including more than 1 million verified traveler reviews and photos, the Viator Travel Blog, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube sites. Viator industry-leading mobile apps (www.viator.com/apps) make it easy to browse and book on the road.
Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at Viator.com, the Viator apps for iOS and Android, 11 local-language sites throughout Europe, Asia and South America, and through its global network of more than 3,000 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, Viator welcomes 18 million visitors per month.
Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator is part of the TripAdvisor family of companies.
Senior iOS software engineer role in a high-growth online travel company. This is an exciting opportunity for a guru with iOS and Java development skills to join our engineering team in Sydney, Australia. The TripAdvisor team in Sydney consists of world-class experts in SEO, usability, marketing, and of course, technology. Bring your skills and enthusiasm to this collaborative team.
We are looking for a senior iOS developer to work on projects for the apps of the TripAdvisor group. The role involves working alongside our User Experience team and our creative production team to deliver new and exciting enhancements and additions to the existing iOS applications of the TripAdvisor group. During the design phase, the senior iOS developer will take an advisory position and assist with any technical questions from the User Experience and Product Management teams.
The role also involves working as part of a multi-disciplinary mobile team and may involve some Java or Android coding from time to time, so those skills will be looked upon favorably.
Key Skills / Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications
- Passion for software engineering and technology
- You should constantly be looking for ways to improve on your skills and look for ways to add value to the team.
- Desire to learn about new platforms, technologies and marketing technology approaches
- A love of travel is not required, but hey - why not?
Required Skills and Experience
- Deep knowledge of the iOS development platform and ecosystem
- 5 years of large scale, full lifecycle mobile development experience
- Extensive experience programming in Swift and Objective-C
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO Design
- Solid experience in Automated Testing (including XCTests UI testing) and/or Continuous Integration (Fastlane)
- Strong track record of shipping high quality product features on time
- Ability to prioritise, communicate clearly, and partner effectively with both technical and non-technical employees
- Proficient understanding of the performance challenges in iOS development and the methods to overcome them
- Experience with integrating with social media APIs and other 3rd party libraries into iOS applications
- Detailed knowledge of web application architecture and infrastructure
- Experience with RESTful web services (consuming and providing)
- Strong debugging, coding and problem solving skills
- Enjoys a collaborative agile environment
Desired Skills and Experience
- Java coding experience strongly preferred (other languages will be considered as well)
- Android experience also a big plus
- Experience with Responsive Web Application development also a big plus
- Previous experience working in Agile teams
- Experience with Test Driven Development techniques
- Exposure to database development and design with MySQL
- Experience with the following frameworks/tools: Realm, AlamoFire, Nimble, Carthage, Cocoapods
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering