Viator is the world's leading resource for researching and booking unforgettable travel experiences, providing access to more than 50,000 tours, attractions and activities in more than 2,500 destinations spanning 170+ countries. Viator flagship website www.viator.com offers travelers a one-stop shop to plan, research and book trip activities with resources including more than 1 million verified traveler reviews and photos, the Viator Travel Blog, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube sites. Viator industry-leading mobile apps (www.viator.com/apps) make it easy to browse and book on the road.
Founded in 1995, Viator sells its products directly to consumers at Viator.com, the Viator apps for iOS and Android, 11 local-language sites throughout Europe, Asia and South America, and through its global network of more than 3,000 affiliates that include major hotel and airline companies, online travel agencies, city-specific sites and more. Through its collection of company operated and affiliated sites, Viator welcomes 18 million visitors per month.
Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator is part of the TripAdvisor family of companies.
The Accounts Receivable Accountant will be reporting to the Director of Accounting, the Senior Accountants and collaborating with a small finance team.
The ideal candidate will have strong initiative to identify opportunities for improvement as well as design and implement those improvements. You will play an integral part in establishing and implementing financial processes.
- Perform daily bank reconciliation for operating bank accounts.
- Administer all bank reconciliation for all cash accounts at month-end, as well as preparation of journal entries and review of other transactions necessary to address reconciling items.
- Process and record all cash receipts. Prepare bank deposits and reconcile bank accounts monthly.
- Ensures reconciling items are communicated and resolved timeously.
- Communicate deficiencies in bank reconciliations in a timely, actionable manner and provide a resolution of reconciling items.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external financial, accounting, and administrative policies and procedures.
- Entering financial data into the accounting systems and ensure the accurate and timely processing of financial data.
- Assisting the senior accountants in the month-end accounting close, including preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and deferred revenue.
- Reconciling accounts receivable accounts relating to external service providers (Global Collect, Adyen and PayPal).
- Allocation of transactions to individual account receivable sub ledgers.
- Assist with the year-end financial audits including reconciliations, supporting schedule preparation, and communication with external auditors.
- Adhering to and ensuring the integrity of key accounting processes and system controls.
- Provide administrative support as needed, including data entry.
- Serve as back up for other Finance Department functions.
- Ability to work well as part of a team or independently with minimal supervision.
- Participate in the implementation of a new ERP.
- Assist with other accounting projects and ad-hoc projects.
- Assist in maintaining and updating internal documentation for policies, procedures and controls.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (Required)
- 1 to 3 years accounting experience
- General understanding of GAAP and willingness to research and resolve accounting issues.
- Professional certification such as CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CMA (Certified Management Accountant) and CFM (Certified Financial Manager) desired, but not required.
- Uncompromising attention to detail and commitment to quality and accuracy.
- A proven ability to problem solve and proactively address issues in a professional and effective manner.
- Takes pride in meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations on quality of output.
- Accounting ERP experience required, preferably Workday
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize effectively and work well with colleagues across businesses and geographies in a high growth environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including complex formulas, is mandatory for success in this role.
- Ability to break down complex issues and tailor communication style to a range of audiences, including non-accountants, and to clearly articulate ideas, solutions and conclusions to stakeholders.
- Strong organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.