TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
TripAdvisor is seeking an Associate Product Manager to join the Vacation rentals team. The position is full-time and is based in our Needham office working 1-2 days a week from our Boston office as needed. As an APM, you will be responsible for monitoring the quality and stability of the Vacation rentals products across all devices for both the owner and traveler side of our marketplace. You will work directly with the Product Managers and Engineering Leads responsible for those products, launching them efficiently without bugs. You will work with stakeholders to drive down bug counts and shape product direction with user feedback.
You will work with a distributed web and app product and development team to provide manual testing and QA for ongoing development in an agile environment. In this role you will work with PMs to create testing plans and user stories, will manage the bug backlog, and take on small specs as you become more familiar with the product. The ideal candidate loves trying to break things and regularly finds themselves coming up with lists of optimizations for their favorite apps and products rather than complaining about new updates and changes. S/he should enjoy solving puzzles, working under tight deadlines, and is comfortable making tradeoffs. Passion for travel is a huge plus!
- Become an expert in the health and quality of the TripAdvisor Vacation Rental marketplace
- Work with Senior Product Managers to develop testing plans
- Define and conduct manual functional, cross-browser, mobile, and regression tests for ongoing web development tasks
- Execute against the product roadmap
- Own and continually prioritize the bugs and small feature backlog
- Communicate product and business requirements by documenting high-level requirements and user stories
- Managing project schedules, identify risks and clearly communicate goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
- Manage successful product launches to ensure complete launch-readiness at time of launch.
- Anticipate, diagnose and resolve customer problems coordinating, as necessary, with cross-functional teams
- BA or BS Degree
- Looking for candidates interested in a product management career, product experience not necessary
- Ability to prioritize demands
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and presentation skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with varying degrees of priorities
- A demonstrated passion for Quality Assurance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understand the technologies of building websites
- 1+ years of experience working in tech, consulting, or an operational capacity
- 1+ years of experience in a consumer oriented environment