As Senior Data Analyst you will help deliver analysis, insight and automation that will contribute to driving revenue growth for TripAdvisor’s core businesses across Key Account Sales, Display Sales and Business to Business Sales.
TripAdvisor operates at scale with over 200 million reviews, opinions, photos, and videos reaching over 315 million unique visitors each month. We are a data driven company, and we have lots and lots of data!
The Sales Analytics team helps the global sales teams to understand our partner’s performance, anticipate the needs of the business and support the wider world of TripAdvisor partnering with product, yield management, bid optimization, operations and sales.
To do our job well, we need to know a lot about the traveler and we need to know a lot about our partner’s behavior. This is a “big data” job – sifting through lots and lots of data to identify the metadata that will support an effective and sustainable campaign for our partners. It is also a programming job – building the infrastructure needed to analyze and automate the data.
We need to build data marts. We need to build traffic models. We need to build business models. We need to analyze the way travelers use our site/app. We need to analyze partner data. We need to automate data and reporting. And we need to build tools.
This is a hands-on job for someone who wants to solve important business problems that depend on “big data” analysis. The job requires both serious technical chops and effective communication skills. Sometimes you will build the solution yourself, and sometimes you will be coordinating the efforts of others, but at all times you will be expected to think creatively about solving the business problem.
What we seek:
- 5 to 7 years of experience as a Data Analyst supporting an ecommerce Sales organization
- Solid RDBMS operational knowledge with outstanding SQL skills
- Ability to transform raw, noisy log level data into useful business fact tables
- Solid database design skills
- ETL expertise
- Computer Science expertise – algorithms, data structures, software engineering
- A natural affinity for math, especially for statistics
- Ability to understand and communicate business needs
- Ability to come up to speed quickly in order to understand and coordinate the work of domain experts.
- Strong sense of responsibility: taking pride in your work, leveraging others, owning the problem
- And you love, and we mean love, data
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***