Sr. Data Analyst – Sales Analytics
As Sr. Data Analyst, Sales Analytics, you will help deliver data and automation that will contribute to driving revenue growth for TripAdvisor’s Hotel businesses across Key Account Sales, Display Sales and Hotel Solution Sales.
TripAdvisor operates at scale with over 200 million reviews, opinions, photos, and videos reaching over 315 million unique visitors each month. We are a data driven company, and we have lots and lots of data!
To do our job well, we need anticipate the needs of the business and support the wider world of TripAdvisor partnering with product, yield management, bid optimization, operations and sales. This is a “big data” job – sifting through lots and lots of data to identify the metadata that will support an effective and sustainable product for our partners both internally and externally - building the infrastructure needed to analyze and automate the data.
We need to build data marts. We need to build traffic models. We need to build business models. We need to analyze partner data. We need to automate data and reporting. And we need to build tools.
This is a hands-on job for someone who wants to solve important business problems that depend on “big data” and automation. The job requires both serious technical chops and effective communication skills. Sometimes you will build the solution yourself, and sometimes you will be coordinating the efforts of others, but at all times you will be expected to think creatively about solving the business problem.
What you’ll do:
- Build, develop and maintain data solutions to support analysis across our Hotel Business.
- Build automated reporting & tools to provide sales insight into the business to support the data exchange with our partners
- Optimize the production of data for business reviewers
- Monitor and identify any irregularities in data that may help to identify issues with products or operational processes.
- Act as an analysis tools and data repository expert.
- Develop a deep knowledge of all sources of data required to deliver consumable data across analytics and the sales team.
- You will manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, and partner with other teams within the business to achieve your goals.
- Work proactively to build data solutions to support or key business partners with opportunities they are focused on.
- You will identify and analyzes problems; distinguish between relevant and irrelevant information.
What we seek:
- Experience as a Data Analyst supporting an ecommerce Sales organization
- Solid RDBMS operational knowledge with outstanding SQL skills
- Ability to transform raw, noisy log level data into useful business fact tables
- Solid database design skills
- ETL expertise
- Computer Science expertise – algorithms, data structures, software engineering
- Ability to understand and communicate business needs
- Ability to come up to speed quickly to work effectively in a highly demanding environment with multiple competing priorities both independently and as part of a team.
- You will be confident partnering with other departments, and leaders within the business to achieve your objectives.
- You must be comfortable with and adaptable to change. We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly.
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong sense of responsibility: taking pride in your work, leveraging others, owning the problem, never satisfied with the status quo.
- You will drive your own career progression, grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback.
- And you love, and we mean love, data