Are you looking to develop marketing strategies for a consumer-focused technology company with a global reach? Located just outside of Boston, TripAdvisor is among the largest tech companies on the east coast and is going through an exciting business and brand transformation evolving from a review to a travel commerce site. We are looking for smart, creative, analytical and passionate marketers that are graduating with their MBA to be part of our first-ever Marketing Management Rotation Program.
Based at TripAdvisor’s Needham HQ, we are offering a competitive fast-track rotational program geared toward MBA graduates. The program is focused on honing and developing marketing, analytic, business and leadership skills to accelerate your professional growth at the world’s largest online travel community. And, as a Marketing Manager participating in the program, you will rotate through a variety of roles within TripAdvisor’s Marketing Team including:
- Brand Marketing
- UX Research and Analytics
- B2B Marketing
- Search Engine Marketing
- PR /Social / Content Marketing
Each rotation lasts 9-12 months, and we anticipate that each program participant will complete at least three rotations within three years. Marketing Managers will be evaluated on core competencies at the mid-point and end-point of each rotation and will also participate in a variety of experiential learning activities including lunch meetings with key members of senior-level management. After two years, successful Marketing Managers will have the chance to be promoted to Senior Marketing Manager.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners, including engineering, product, design, sales, PR and customer support teams to conceptualize and build marketing initiatives.
- Lead marketing projects including, establishing milestones, managing development and implementation, as well as measuring and optimizing performance.
- Work closely with the senior leaders within the Marketing organization and across TripAdvisor to identify opportunities to better deliver our brand promise and develop best-in-class strategies, platforms and programs that engage our users and drive our business.
- Provide analytical support and insight for new marketing initiatives; this requires identifying and understanding key issues, quantitatively analyzing these issues, and communicating insights and results.
- Own communication of marketing plans to constituents across the TripAdvisor organization including senior management.
- Monitor the competitive landscape, identifying relevant and actionable market, site and consumer needs.
What We Seek:
- Minimum 4 years of experience, preferably in strategy consulting, agency, or consumer/B2C Internet product management
- Demonstrated consumer mindset and interest in technology
- Sound business judgment and demonstrated strength in financial and strategic analysis
- Strong written /verbal communication skills and proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- MBA required
- Highly detail-oriented
- Proactive self-starter with strong organization skills absolutely required
- Must be great team player that works well in collaborative situations; sense of humor preferred
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a convincing and organized manner
- Demonstrates good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business