Why this job is excellent:
- As Senior Data Analyst, Hotel Solutions Sales, you will leverage data to deliver analysis and insight that will contribute to driving revenue growth for TripAdvisor’s hotel subscription business. You will work closely with the global Hotel Solutions and Key Account sales teams including leadership, sales, optimisation, product, strategy, and analytics, as well as stakeholders across the business. TripAdvisor provides a unique work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a start-up, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand.
What you will do:
- Deliver business insight both proactively and reactively, to help inside sales & field sales leadership, make decisions that will maximize This work will be ad-hoc in nature and form a significant part of the role.
- Analyse and draw insights from customer engagement, segmentation, product uptake, pricing, pipeline health (coverage, quality, balance & pace), lead distribution, customer penetration, sales and marketing campaign effectiveness. Formulate actionable tactical recommendations to increase revenue through subscription acquisition & retention.
- Create automated single source-of-truth dashboards and scorecards to accurately measure all relevant aspects of the subscription business health and allow multiple levels (reps, managers, directors, VP, SVP) to monitor and drive successful performance. You will design and build database flows to automate your dashboards tools using proprietary ETL tools.
- Support the Hotel Solutions Sales, Product, Optimisation, Sales Operations, Compensation and Sales Enablement teams with data and analysis of opportunities.
- Collaborate with marketers, assisting in campaign planning and identifying best practices to help drive their strategic plans forward.
- Monitor and identify any irregularities in data that may help to identify issues with products or operational processes.
- Manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, own deliverables end to end, and partner with other teams within the business to achieve your goals.
- Balance your investment of time with the appropriate level of detail, relevancy and accuracy required to achieve the business goals.
What we seek:
- Proven experience as a commercial data or business analyst for an online or software subscription sales business, with a background in supporting an inside sales organisation. You will have a track record of creating value by facilitating data-driven decision making. Support for field sales a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving & analytical skills. The ability to combine creative use of insight and data with attention to detail, while balancing these details with the larger business objectives.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and database development required. Must be comfortable working with large volumes of data. Experience with querying SQL Server & PostGres databases desirable. Hadoop/Hive experience is a plus.
- Experience with using Tableau or other similar data visualisation tools to analyse data and publish self-service tools. A solid understanding of data analysis techniques and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills. The ability to listen, and deliver clear concise insight targeted to your audience, that can be understood rapidly. You will apply strong written, verbal, and data presentation skills to explain / translate complex information to non-technical executive audiences.
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness, and tenacity while working independently. You will thrive on challenges and will not be deterred by difficult situations. Must be comfortable in a goal-driven and results-oriented environment requiring little supervision and the willingness to be accountable for analysis and resulting recommendations.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly demanding environment with multiple competing priorities both independently and as part of a team. You will be confident partnering with other departments, and team leaders within the business to achieve your objectives.
- You must be comfortable with and adaptable to change. We work in an innovative fast growth environment where products and processes evolve rapidly.
- You have relentlessly high standards, and are never satisfied with the status quo. You will drive your own career progression.
- Emotional and professional maturity required along with great people and relationship skills.